Low-Sugar Smoothie Recipe?

Options
I keep going way over my daily sugar allotment (25g) with my daily smoothies. Was wondering if anyone out there had some suggestions to help limit my sugar intake and/or good tasting low carb/low sugar smoothie recipes! Or know a good website where I can find healthy smoothie recipes. Thanks for all your help!

Replies

• averylopez
    averylopez Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I don't post very often but your question is one that I had several months ago as well. I have cut back on my daily smoothies to about 1-2 times a week versus almost everyday strictly because I found myself taking in way to much sugar. I now use Almond milk instead of regular or low-fat milk. One cup of frozen fruit, lots of ice cubs, 1 scoop of protein powder instead of 2 which they usually call for and a type of fake sweetener of some sort. I use tons of ice to make it thick. I lost 110lbs 10 years ago and have managed to keep off over 100. It's trial and error everyday but this recipe seems to work when craving a smoothie!! Feel free to friend me on MFP if you want. I track everyday faithfully! :)