Body dysmorphia

Options
124»

Replies

• crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I think the same. I've never thought of myself as being thin; I actually feel pretty beefy. But I'm nearly 5'7" and 114 pounds....even then, I can't make myself feel thin.

When I look at girls that weigh even more than I do, even by as much as like 20 pounds, I think of them as being thinner.
  • itslouiejay
    itslouiejay Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    After losing all the weight, I was like that. I kept telling myself I needed to lose more. I imagined myself like I used to be, 40 pounds heavier, until someone told I wasn't even close to looking like I did before. Honestly, it's like a subconscious way of motivation but without realizing that I'm actually further along my journey with weight loss than I thought. Weird how that works
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I think you do. Your heaviest was 130 it says according to your profile? I don't know your height, but that is normal for a lot of women. From your profile picture you look like you have an amazing body. No where NEAR being fat or overweight. It's hard to keep from putting ourselves down. I still fight with it constantly, but girl you need to stop beating yourself up so much. If you keep finding it a problem, I suggest maybe seeing someone to talk about why you may be feeling that way. Good luck.