Hi! Want to introduce myself.

Options
chelle2k
chelle2k Posts: 16 Member
Hello! My name is Michelle from MO. I am 36 and on a long long journey.

When I originally started my weight loss journey in 2002 I was 465 lbs. I got down to 330 but gained back up to 420 lbs after having my first child in 2005 and having severe depression. I've went up and down up and down. In 2008 I had a gastric bypass, but I wasn't mentally prepared for it and didn't follow the rules, thus stretching my pouch. When I had my surgery I was 439 pounds. I got down to 340. I got pregnant with my 2nd child at this point. Luckily with my 2nd pregnancy, it was much smoother. I didn't gain any weight with her until the last 2 weeks. I did regain some after having her. In November of 2012 I started my current journey at 347 lbs. I am currently working on my first milestone goal of being under 300 for the first time in my adult life.

I really hope to make some friends here and get some additional motivation to get through this journey, once and for all.

Replies

• Bison008deleted
    Options
    I sent you an FR..Cheers!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome to an awesome site Michelle ........wishing you much success in your healthy lifestyle .........WE CAN DO THIS :bigsmile: Feel free to add me
  • ilara85
    ilara85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michelle I am overweight by about 100 pounds as well... So feel free to add me, btw this site is awesome and you meet really down to earth non- judge mental people here best of luck to you!
  • npd2007
    npd2007 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi Michelle! Will be cheering you along! Wishing you all the absolute best on your journey! Feel free to add me if you like :smile:
  • wisebuys
    wisebuys Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Greetings Michelle, you are welcome to add me. I have over 100 pounds to lose too.
  • Hi; wishing you the best of luck and looking for support; newbie as of tonight & still trying to figure this out! Please add if looking for support.
  • concettaannperry
    Options
    Hi Michelle!! I really believe this site is going to help all of us. It's so much easier to think twice before you eat more when you log your food diary for everyone on your friendlist to see, it keeps you more focused and honest. Also all the tracking gives me the whole picture of what we eat throughout the day. The exercise log makes me feel like I have to do something each day. You keep up the good work!! I compare doing this to quitting smoking. I spent a whole year trying to quit and finally I am now up to 14 months cigarette free. I remember the whole year I tried to quit, how I would be smoke free for a while then smoke again; I'd be a little longer next time being smoke free then I'd smoke again. Finally I told myself I wanted this to be the last time I ever had to do this. I kept telling myself each day that it's not what I want in my life and this time for now and hopefully it will stick with me forever. Now I tell myself the same about the way I eat and exercise. Every day I get up and I try to eat well and exercise. If it's a good day great, if not I start all over again. The very next time I eat or do anything I tell myself I'm starting over I don't blow the whole day anymore. I've been heavy most of my life and I so want this battle to be the last time so I'm rooting for you and going through this with you and everybody else. You got this!
  • dinellamason
    Options
    Good evening, All

I am sooo excited. My name is Dee and this is my official first day on FitnessPal. I decided to do a Life Change and am using this forum to record my successes. I have a son who will be leaving the nest in the Fall, and I want to be ready to begin the next chapter of my life. I'm glad to be here, and I want to wish everyone success in their endeavors!!!

Good night
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome to mfp, lots of information and support here. All friends welcome so add Me.
  • Cathymitz
    Cathymitz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you want, I try to get on at least once every day.
  • chelle2k
    chelle2k Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :)