8 lbs in 3 weeks?

running_mom
running_mom Posts: 204 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So I need to lose 8 lbs in 3 weeks, is this possible? I have been going crazy at the gym and walking outside. I have stayed within my cal range and have eaten some of my cals back from working out. My husband has noticed the change and loves it : ) I really want to make my goal. And, everytime I finish logging my entries at the end of the day it says I will be 135 in 5 weeks. But, it's been saying that for like 3 weeks already. 135 is my goal by May 1st.

The thing is I'll lose 2 lbs then gain it back in a day. I usually wait a couple of days of being at the same weight before I actually consider myself at that weight (if that makes sense!)

So, any suggestions as to making my goal a reality? Do things like the 3 day cleanse work? You, know to jump start my weight loss. I totally understand that it is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix.

This is the first real goal that I've made for myself and I really want it!! So far I've just been saying I want to lose weight and be healthy with no time frame. So the whole certain number of lbs in a certain amount of time is new to me.

Thanks for any and everything : )

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    You're eating right and exercising. Don't beat yourself up if you don't make your goal. I've not put any time limits on myself and I've been really happy with the results. 5 pounds ago I felt like I looked good. This last little bit can take its time in my opinion.
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    You're already so tiny....8 pounds is a lot to ask from your little frame, lady.

And why the rush?
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    first, why is this number a must? Second, lift some weights.
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    A good rule of thumb is to lose 2 lbs. a week, if not less. That's what is considered the safest time frame. Just don't beat yourself up, because it sounds like you are doing a really great job!
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    I echo the comments on weight training. When you have more lean muscle mass your body will burn calories even when you are not working out. I would also recommend drinking 3 litres of water each and every day. My personal trainer and I have been tracking this and you can see that I had better results on the weeks where I drank 3 litres evey day.

Lastly, enjoy what you have accomplished so far and keep up the great work!! :happy:
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    I echo the comments on weight training. When you have more lean muscle mass your body will burn calories even when you are not working out. I would also recommend drinking 3 litres of water each and every day. My personal trainer and I have been tracking this and you can see that I had better results on the weeks where I drank 3 litres evey day.

Lastly, enjoy what you have accomplished so far and keep up the great work!! :happy:

3 litres is what worked for you, it wont necessarly work for someone else. Its really hard to project our numbers on other people seeing as we're all different. It's good that you found your magic water number though.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    For most, half your weight in ounces is good.

I'm keeping the heart rate up for 30 minutes or more to see some good results...
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    I had always heard 1-2lbs per week. Recently I read an article that said 1% of your body weight each week is more realistic. So depending on how much you weigh it may or maynot be realistic (or healthy) to lose that much weight that quickly.
This discussion has been closed.