Men's Health Diet Hot Dog

Options
Trilby16
Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
You may think this is a joke, or can't possibly work, but it's not and it does! If you miss a good ol' hot dog on a bun with the works, this one's for you. (I got it many years ago from Men's Health. I can't remember why I was reading Men's Health.)

You take a nice cylindrical medium-sized raw carrot, peel it, and kinda round off the ends with your peeler to the shape of a hot dog. Put it in a pot with 3 inches of water and about a quarter cup of the barbecue sauce of your choice. Now boil the carrot till it feels tender when you test it with a fork. Then slap it on a bun-- could be whole grain, why not? and pile on the toppings of your choice. (Chopped onion, relish, ketchup and mustard are my choices.)

I'm telling you, it is a very passable substitute for a fatty disgusting hot dog. Try it!

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    ...WOW
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Omg that sounds gross!!!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Omg that sounds gross!!!

I know! I didn't believe it could be good but I was so curious I tried it, and it's pretty not-bad!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I just Googled it, interesting.....not something I'd try though. Not worth wasting the carbs on a hot dog bun. Edited to say found a site showing it in a lettuce wrap....am still not sold, lol.