*Newbie Here!*

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Mary Beth...but you guys can just call me MB. :-) I'm 32 years old, live in Birmingham, AL, about to celebrate my one year anniversary with my first (and absolutely amazing and supportive) hubby. We do not have kiddos...YET! Here's a little bit about me:

Several years ago, I topped the scales at 255. I had Type 2 Diabetes and was on medication for it. My cholesterol was through the roof! I also have a rare bone disease called Avascular Necrosis (AVN), which, in a nutshell, means that my bones (joints) are dying. I have it in both hips, both femurs, both knees, both shoulders and possibly my jaw. I've had this disease for over eight years. In 2005, I lost about 90 lbs by cutting sugar completely out of my diet. It changed my life in so many ways. It eliminated my diabetes, brought down my cholesterol, and helped the weight on my joints. In 2007, I had my left hip replaced. Fast forward to now. I've gained back up to about 205...give or take a few pounds either way. I still need my right hip, both knees, and both shoulders replaced. However, my surgeon, regular doc, and my high-risk OB all say that I can go ahead and try to get pregnant before my surgeries.

Here's where I stand now. I KNOW what I need to do to lose this weight. I need to dump the sodas, I need to eat better, smaller portions. I need to do some strength training and cardio. I need to expend more calories than I take in. Common sense, right?! You would think so!! But noooooo. This girl gets up every morning and grabs a Mello Yello, and I sit on my big ole behind most of the day. My hubby (remember, the guy I said was amazing and supportive??)...well, he will support me no matter what I do...and he tells me I'm gorgeous no matter what my size is. Bless his heart! :-) I NEED some folks who will help me be accountable. I NEED some cheerleaders in my life! I'm very blessed that I run my own business, and for the most part, I can set my own hours, and I'm home every day...all day. Last month, I went to my regular physician to see why my energy levels were SO SO SO low! She took a ton of bloodwork...thyroid, B12 levels, vitamin D levels...everything came back perfectly fine! So, my problem is...well...ME!! I need some encouragement and motivation to do what I KNOW needs to be done!

So! Here I am! I'm ready to lose weight, kick butt and take some names! I hope to get to know some of you on here really soon! Thanks for reading!

Love, Hugs & Weight Loss Energetic Vibes!
~MB~

Replies