healthy addictive snacks

Options
meeper123
meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
My favorite snack at the moment is roasted chick peas you just take a can of chick peas put them in a pan put one table spoon olive oil on them and mix until all coated then season with your fav spices i used the sodium free garlic and herb one this time and bake at 350 for about an hour or until desired crispness.

What is your favorite healthy snack

Replies

• djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try that, it sounds tasty.

Nothing can really beat a nice crisp apple for me. I'm kind of boring, and plus, I've been on an apple kick lately. I eat them nonstop for a month or two then not again for a few months, though.
  • meeper123
    Options
    App,es are nummy :) i like them baked ogr raw with peanut butter cant beat nature right :)
  • willow_rb
    willow_rb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    almond butter- I eat it with everything....
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    special K chips may not be healthy, but you can eat a LOT of them and still be low on cals.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a ridiculous amount of mangoes. I've gone through 2 flats of them this month.

I also love:

roasted seaweed
    crispy chickpeas
    hummus
    apples + peanut butter + honey
    toast + avocado
    Muesli + greek yogurt
    raw almonds
    popcorn + nutritional yeast
    Brown rice cakes + laughing cow
  • meeper123
    Options
    special K chips may not be healthy, but you can eat a LOT of them and still be low on cals.

Never had em
  • meeper123
    Options
    I've been eating a ridiculous amount of mangoes. I've gone through 2 flats of them this month.

I also love:

roasted seaweed
    crispy chickpeas
    hummus
    apples + peanut butter + honey
    toast + avocado
    Muesli + greek yogurt
    raw almonds
    popcorn + nutritional yeast
    Brown rice cakes + laughing cow

Loves hummus needs to buy tahini just isnt the same without it whats seaweed taste like?
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love celery sticks with light cream cheese and topped with cranberry nut salad topping. Yummy to my tummy!
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to stay away from seaweed senbei rice crackers. I get them at the Asian Grocery. Love them. I also recently started making roasted kale chips. Little bit of olive oil, little bit of garlic, little bit of sea salt... Yum.
  • jellybellykelly
    jellybellykelly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kale chips!!! Wash and thoroughly dry your kale, tear it up into bite-sized pieces, spritz with a little EVOO and a tiny bit of season salt, bake at 275 for 10 minutes, flip, 10 more minutes. SO very yummy!! just don't overdo it on the EVOO and seasoning!
    Oh, and Breakstone's Cottage Cheese Doubles. lots of flavors of fruit, 100 calories, $1 a pop. I usually don't buy individual serving size thingies because of both economical and environmental reasons, but these have become my exception!
  • meeper123
    Options
    I can't seem to stay away from seaweed senbei rice crackers. I get them at the Asian Grocery. Love them. I also recently started making roasted kale chips. Little bit of olive oil, little bit of garlic, little bit of sea salt... Yum.

Never had that either buying kale
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I buy toasted seaweed at my local health food store. They have wasabi flavor and sesame! I like them both.. I also like any kind of nuts!
  • meeper123
    Options
    kale chips!!! Wash and thoroughly dry your kale, tear it up into bite-sized pieces, spritz with a little EVOO and a tiny bit of season salt, bake at 275 for 10 minutes, flip, 10 more minutes. SO very yummy!! just don't overdo it on the EVOO and seasoning!
    Oh, and Breakstone's Cottage Cheese Doubles. lots of flavors of fruit, 100 calories, $1 a pop. I usually don't buy individual serving size thingies because of both economical and environmental reasons, but these have become my exception!

I think i have had the cottage cheese they were not bad
  • meeper123
    Options
    You guys are helping me with my grocery list and didnt even know it lol
  • janmcginnis
    Options
    Carrot and celery sticks (or honey wheat pretzels or crackers) and hummus. I love the fact that 2 tablespoons of hummus has so few calories and seems like such a LOT of hummus! The protein helps keep the munchies at bay, and the crunch of the raw veggies or pretzels or crackers satisfies something in me.

Want to try kale chips or roasted chickpeas. Maybe a task for tomorrow....
  • htiafyenaffit
    htiafyenaffit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    any kind of nuts Im currently on a cashew kick and Chia seeds on everything I eat ... they dont even taste like anything but i love them lol
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I have a serious addiction to the cocoa roasted almonds!
  • jessasmus
    jessasmus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Frozen mangoe chunks!!:happy:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    The seaweed is crispy, salty, nutty and delicious. Slightly sweet. Similar to nori (the stuff around sushi) but very crispy. It's amazing.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Red grapefruits are like crack to me. I could easily eat 3-4 a day, but try to limit it to 1 since they're on the pricier side.