five children and over 100 to lose

Options
Hi this is my first week and its hard to keep up with my kids any suggestions for workouts just need some pep to keep me going

Replies

• retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Five children, say no more. Join a gym and call it relaxation. :wink:
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well I have been here since january 7th and I work in home family childcare. One of the things that works for me is having my own cupboard because kids need more carbs and stuff than we do. Thats worked well for me. You will probably have to join a gym and truly call that respite you may just love it! Hopefully this helps good luck friend me if youd like..
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    As difficult as it is.. just make that extra time for yourself.. maybe get up a half hour to 45 ,minutes before everyone else does and just walk around the block .. or do a handful of jumping jacks at night once everyone is in bed.. start small.

And .. for starters.. since you have so much weight to lose .. simply stay within your deficit goals. You can and will definitely lose weight in the beginning without major exercise. :-) Just stick to your calorie goals :flowerforyou:

I suggest doing that first .. before you try to take on too much too soon whilst juggling your family too :wink: Once you've started losing weight .. you'll feel better and more motivated to keep going and then you can start incorporating a little extra exercise here and there :heart: :heart:

Good luck .. feel free to add me if you want a friend :flowerforyou:
  • dkberger98
    Options
    Thaanks everyone joined the gym today starting on Monday hope it works well
  • Juliew518
    Juliew518 Posts: 17
    Options
    You've lost 7 lbs this week? Congrats!
  • anon189
    anon189 Posts: 42
    Options
    Congrats on joining the gym! I did for a short period, but had some schedule conflicts and quit. I do workout videos like 30 day shred, zumba, p90x, etc. in my bedroom during my daughter's naptime or when my husband is home and can keep an eye on her. I did LOVE the gym though, and have been debating going back. My daughter loved going to the kid's corner and I loved getting to workout for as long as I wanted then showering and sauna. It was only $10/month for the childcare- cheaper than any babysitter, ever! Good luck!
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids also and I work full time so I totally feel your pain on making time for yourself. Just wanted to say hi and welcome!
  • XXJanBXX
    XXJanBXX Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Five children, say no more. Join a gym and call it relaxation. :wink:

^^^ WTS..

I only have 3 kids and I count my time at the gym as 'time out' :)

x
  • dkberger98
    Options
    I have 5 kids also and I work full time so I totally feel your pain on making time for yourself. Just wanted to say hi and welcome!

Thanks, and hi too you also, I work the 3rd shift and have a horrible time sleeping some days. it;s definatly hard
  • MommaChocoLatte
    Options

Thanks, and hi too you also, I work the 3rd shift and have a horrible time sleeping some days. it;s definatly hard

I work 3rd also. Sleeping is definitely my downfall. I feel like all I do is work and sleep. I sleep while the kids are at school and I pretty much see them when I get home to get them ready for school and if Im lucky for a little bit before I have to get ready for work. It stinks. How old are yours? Feel free to add me :)
  • dkberger98
    Options

I work 3rd also. Sleeping is definitely my downfall. I feel like all I do is work and sleep. I sleep while the kids are at school and I pretty much see them when I get home to get them ready for school and if Im lucky for a little bit before I have to get ready for work. It stinks. How old are yours? Feel free to add me :)

I have a 17 year old daughter, 12 son, 11 son, 9 son, and my youngest daughter turns 8 in Thursday.
  • chera79
    chera79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have six children and over 100 to lose so I understand your struggles. I think joining the gym will be good for you. It has become my 'me' time. During the day my 5 older kids are in school but I put my 2 year old in the nursery (which she loves) and enjoy a nice workout. In the evening, I usually take all 6 and they have fun while I have my fun away from them. lol. I think that although kids' nutritional needs to vary slightly from ours, making the healthy lifestyle change and family affair might make things easier, too. Good luck and I'd love to share more tips with each other as we discover them! :)
  • chera79
    chera79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My kids are 2, 5, 6, 6, 9, and 10!
  • MommaChocoLatte
    Options

Right on. Mine are very close in age to yours. Mine are 18, 17, 11, 10, & 9 next week. All boys.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm Kristy. I have 4 kids (age 9, 8, 4, 4) and I've varied what I do during this weight loss process. When I first started losing weight I would focus on walking in the evenings once my husband was home to look after the kids. Then my twins started preschool so I joined a gym and went while all the kids were at school/preschool. Since we moved from New Zealand to Australia I haven't bothered with the gym. I walk whenever I can, but I've also set myself up with a home gym, an elliptical trainer and an exercise ball at home. This means on the days when my twins aren't at preschool I can still get exercise done. I've found that 4 year olds are very helpful when I'm interval training... "Go faster mummy!!!" as they run full speed on the spot next to me to cheer me along. Still, I have to admit that the gym was lovely time out!

I'm 54lbs down and still have over 100lbs to lose to get into my healthy weight range. Feel free to friend request me :)
  • mistydsnyder
    mistydsnyder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have five kids also and I am a teacher. Everyone is saying join the gym. That is great if you can, but almost impossible for most mothers. Evenings are crazy and going before work and dragging out the kids is just silly. I bought my own elliptical and love it. It was expensive but monthly no more than paying for a gym. I just started a few weeks ago. It is very hard to be a mother and try to lose weight.