girls only please. will my dress top fit?!

Options
2»

Replies

• glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction 4 minths ago! Best thing I have ever done! I went from a dd's to a c/d! Just saying....
  • sillyjeepgirl
    Options
    Not sure if this would help at all but Bravissimo is a bra company in Europe that specializes in larger sizes. They actually start at DD and don't go any lower, they just go up. They might have a sports bra or something that might work, and they might even have links to a website with dresses.

Good luck and congrats!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I won't be any help in the dress department, but in terms of your exercise dilemma, have you considered swimming?

It may be a challenge to find a suit that contains/supports your chest well, but once you find it, swimming is fabulous exercise!!

This was exactly what I was going to suggest. Swimming is great exercise as is walking/running in the pool if you can't swim. Might help with some of the issues.

I'm no where near as large in the chest as you but when I began (20kg ago) I needed to wear 2 bras AND spent a fortune on sports bras. I only need to wear one bra now but it's a pretty serious construct (and not cheap). My breasts are smaller than when I started but compared to other parts of my body they haven't shrunk by much. It depends on the person though. I know others who have lost a lot of weight off their chests early on in the process.

Good luck with the wedding and the dress. If you decide it absolutely won't fit you can just send it back right?
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction 4 minths ago! Best thing I have ever done! I went from a dd's to a c/d! Just saying....

Hahahaha. I just misread this as 4 MINUTES ago and was pretty impressed you were posting already :-)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    would they consider to be a preventative service?
    i can't really offer any advice on the boob problem, as i have been a 32/34a forever lol. but i can't imagine having those problems to go through, sounds awful :/
    good luck with everything, maybe try to find an exercise that isn't too to cause bouncing
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    In terms of exercise - have you tried the elliptical? it is low impact, so there is no 'bounce' going on. also just walking on the treadmill would be a great way of getting exercise inside if the heat is an issue. i really think exercising is the way forward. i have only lost 17 lbs, but i have lost two cup sizes - G to E.

Your wedding is a great motivator, use it! Those pictures are going to be with you for the rest of your life, and fitting nicely at the top is important!
  • s_reynolds777
    s_reynolds777 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I hate to be a downer but I am a wedding photographer and personally girls who are bigger up top and end up getting strapless dresses usually end up with some type of muffing top or fat hanging over the top especially around the arms and back. I would suggest seeing if it can be altered to help with this and allow for a bra with shoulder straps.
  • tsdaughe
    tsdaughe Posts: 88
    Options
    I myself am getting married in June. I am by measurements a 38DDD. My dress I got is a size 16 to fit my bust. I will have to get taken in in other areas since I have continued to lose inches since purchasing it. That being said, mine is strapless as well. I was reluctant to do with strapless because of the back fat the other poster talked about. However, I am fortuante that I have a lovely back with very little fat... I am wearing a corset under my corset top dress. I was able to fit a 40C corset (before continued weight loss) and that pushes the girls up and seems to help the dress to fit in the boob area. However, your more chesty then even me. You can look into alterations in your area. There are some pretty crafty ways to alterate a dress including sewing in a tie up type corset in the back. Instead of ordering online have you considered going to an actual store where you can try on a dress and see how it fits? I got my dress at davids bridal and paid $550. ALL the dresses I liked going into the shop DID NOT look good or right on me. The dress I picked ended up being me describing what I wanted to the consultant and her finding it on the racks.
  • tsdaughe
    Options
    And I am one of the unfortuante that even when I am down at 16 lbs lighter then I am now my chest never goes below a 38DD. Even when I was doing HIIT 3-4 times a week/running and resistance training... Family curse.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer to your delima, but holy crap, that dress is gorgeous! I totally want a red wedding dress!
  • tsdaughe
    Options
    Also, as far as getting a breast reduction. I have looked into it. The rash or break out you get is something that can help you with insurance paying for a reduction. Take pictures. Go to your PCP and complain about it. Start a paper trail. Also, I have tremendous back pain at times because of my chest so I cannot imagine that you do not have upper or lower back issues related to that size of a chest. I would recommend getting a consultation with a skilled plastic surgeon who knows what to say to get insurance to pay.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dress! I :heart: it and think you have great taste! That was brave of you to buy a dress you had never tried on, though! A dress that looks great on one body might look blah on another. Strapless is a REALLY tough style to pull off with extremely large breasts. (I agree with the wedding photographer above.) You'll likely have to have the dress altered, which may or may not be expensive. Have you tried on any other dresses in person to know which styles flatter you best? Once you get the dress and all the alterations done you should update us with pics.