People That Are Supposed To Care About You ?

Options
Having battled my weight all of my adult life ... And continue to do so .

I wonder how other people feel about the people in their lives that are supposed to care and don't tell you or discuss this issue with you when things are clearly getting out of control , ie. your appearance and perhaps the way your clothes have become too tight , etc .

I'm over it now as I've learned to deal with my weight issues myself , but I did tend to be a bit clueless or denied how I really looked in my younger years , 20's/30's ... I'm 52 now .
:smile:

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    A lot of people tend to think that chubby is healthy and skinny is unhealthy. Instead of being complimented for my weight loss, a few friends would say to me 'you look thin' (like I was becoming unhealthy, which I wasn't).
    On the other hand, some people might not say anything because they don't want to hurt your feelings.

I only have about 2-3 real-life supporters for my weight loss. This is why MFP is such a great place to find many supporters who understand where you are coming from and will go on the journey with you. Kudos to you for making the step to take care of yourself and keep your chin up, you can do this :)