Heart Rate Monitor Suggestions

Options
Anyone one have recommendations for a good HR monitor that is somewhat reasonably priced?

Replies

• fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT4, on sale at Sears.com for $45 (no shipping since I used "store pickup"). It's not the really cool looking purple model that I wanted, but a blah tan one. The price was right so I don't mind.

Right now, Sears.com shows this item as being unavailable, but I'd keep checking back to see if they restock it.

Someone else on here bought an inexpensive Omron HRM and learned, too late, that it does not calculate calories burned.

While I do not yet use mine for calories, but mainly to ensure that I'm working out hard enough but not too hard to kill myself, I'm glad I got one with the calorie calculator, which will probably come in handy in the future.
  • jktefft
    jktefft Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ya I want one that will simply help me figure out accurately calories burned, I really don't need anything else fancy,.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    The polar ft4 is a great entry HRM and I would highly suggest it at well
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7, so you can eventually upload and join in Polar challenges. I wouldn't waste money on the Ft4. You can't upload to their website.
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If all you want is to keep track of calories burned per workout and knowing your heart rate as you exercise, the FT4 works. If you want your heart rate monitor to add up weekly summaries for you in addition to calorie-counting and displaying your heart rate, the FT7 is the way to go. I prefer the FT7 between the two, but they are both ultimately great HMR, and reasonably priced at that.