Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Keep your fat jeans...

I have things tucked away from pre-pregnancy that I always had hoped I would wear them again. 14 years later, I am glad I did. I have a goal to work toward. I have also decided to keep my biggest pair of jeans to remind me of where I have been. I think this will add another level of motivation. I was very glad to retire that pair of jeans today and I bought my first pair of jeans in the next size down. I decided to embark on this journey on the first day of 2013 and I cannot wait to see where it takes me. In 2 months time I am happier, I sleep better, I feel better, and I crave my workouts. I cleaned the junk out of the cabinets and stocked them with healthy choices for me and my 14 year old daughter. I am on the right path and I am thankful for that first pair of fat jeans that I will no longer wear. On the tough days it will help to remind me of what I can do when I put my mind to it.

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    In about 18 months I've gone from mens size 42 pants, to buying a pair of 34's last night...I'm 5' 11" and about 197ish right now. I got tired of people at work clowning on me for my oversize pants. I could probably wear 32s, but I feel too self conscious about my butt...I still think like a fat guy that needs to wear baggy clothes.
  • splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    In about 18 months I've gone from mens size 42 pants, to buying a pair of 34's last night...I'm 5' 11" and about 197ish right now. I got tired of people at work clowning on me for my oversize pants. I could probably wear 32s, but I feel too self conscious about my butt...I still think like a fat guy that needs to wear baggy clothes.

I totally understand. Since March of 2012 I've gone from 350+ to 205 now, though I want to get down to 160 by the end of summer. I don't know if people say stuff like that to be jerks or if they are trying to be nice and completely failing at it or what.

It's tough to keep up, and I was so excited recently to be able to fit into 38's again for the first time since I was like 12, and I bought a bunch of them and within a month or so they went all huge on me again. People at work were messing with me about how it was time to buy new pants like I was some kind of moron or something.

It's just a very irritating situation which has been particularly irksome lately since I spent so much on clothing that didn't fit for very long at all and everyone seems to think they're some kind of comedy mastermind by saying something.
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    I kept one pair of Jeans.. See my profile pic.. hahahaha
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    The day I donated four large glad bags of fat clothes was awesome!
  • RAxford729
    RAxford729 Posts: 4 Member
    Love it!!!!
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    i keep one pair just for being comfy in, have to wear them with a belt on the smallest hole and still pull them up...love seeing the gap between the jeans and my body where there wasn't one before!

it's fantastic isn't it!