Gym hygeine

Options
2»

Replies

• VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    The world has become a sick place because of such stupidity. Parents have become so over protective of their children in the last twenty years, that most of their have not ever developed anti-bodies to some of the most common viruses. Wipe down equipment of others sweat will not do anything to kill any of the multitude of viruses that are air borne. People should be more wary about those then most other things in a gym, including what ever fluids a gym decides to use to for that purpose. This idea of wiping things down is relatively new, it was probably never heard of until the 1990s, and the only thing gym owners are concerned about in all honesty, is the corrosiveness of human sweat and what it can do to their equipment. If any of them were concerned about the health of their clientele, their facilities would be provided with top of the line HEPA air filters.

That same doctor of yours and all the other anal idiots in this world probably don't think twice though at the check-out at a store with their hands full and will hold a paper note of money in their mouths for a moment.

Besides, I trust most of medical practitioners as far as I can throw them. More than 90% of them are nothing but a bunch of pill pushing buggers for BIg Pharma who like make money off of you to treat the symptoms and not the cause of the problems.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have towels that are different colors on each side. I put my towel down on the seats of things before I use them because people really ARE kinda gross. One side of the towel is for my butt to sit on and the other is for the nasty gym surfaces. But I'm not so paranoid that I have to go and get a bunch of spray and paper towels and whatnot. It would take hours to clean each machine or piece of equipment AND use them too, plus in the time it would take me to go get the supplies, I'd lose the machine to someone else. I just make sure I have no exposed wounds in the gym :laugh: and I shower afterwards. I've not gotten any wierd infections in all the years I've been going. :drinker:
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    The world has become a sick place because of such stupidity. Parents have become so over protective of their children in the last twenty years, that most of their have not ever developed anti-bodies to some of the most common viruses. Wipe down equipment of others sweat will not do anything to kill any of the multitude of viruses that are air borne. People should be more wary about those then most other things in a gym, including what ever fluids a gym decides to use to for that purpose. This idea of wiping things down is relatively new, it was probably never heard of until the 1990s, and the only thing gym owners are concerned about in all honesty, is the corrosiveness of human sweat and what it can do to their equipment. If any of them were concerned about the health of their clientele, their facilities would be provided with top of the line HEPA air filters.

That same doctor of yours and all the other anal idiots in this world probably don't think twice though at the check-out at a store with their hands full and will hold a paper note of money in their mouths for a moment.

Besides, I trust most of medical practitioners as far as I can throw them. More than 90% of them are nothing but a bunch of pill pushing buggers for BIg Pharma who like make money off of you to treat the symptoms and not the cause of the problems.

Doesn't have to have anything to do with contracting diseases or the like, just helps prevent rashes and sitting in someone else's sweat which is gross.