Veggie&Fruit 1-Day Challenge – Saturday March 1, 2013

Options
(I meant to say March 2nd...but it really does not matter which day of the week you do this)

This one-day challenge is meant for those who would like to increase their fruit and veggie consumption and create an awareness of their nutritional values. This is a weekly challenge for 2013! (And it does not have to be Saturday, it can be any day of the week.)

1. Post if you are in and what you are going to do for the day
2. Report back how you did at the end of the day or – also good - the next morning!

Here is how the challenge works:
-SUBSTITUTE any (or all) of the starch / meat / dairy food portion in a meal with Fresh Vegetables (where possible)
-EAT vegetables and/or fruit at every meal and snack time for the day.
-Have only (fresh) fruits or vegetables for snacks
-Drink 8oz of water and stay away from alcohol / soft drinks
-Aim for 30g of fiber for the day
-If you can't do a whole day, do one meal

Good luck everyone!
Rebel Renny
From Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

P.S. I recently learned that the recommendation is to eat at least 9 servings of veggies/fruit per day

Replies

• Strong_Heart
    Strong_Heart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sign me up for this 1-Day challenge [I can do 1 day]
    I will begin today with a "Naked Green Machine Smoothie" and a big glass of water.
    Will report on the rest of today's meals in my food diary. ~ Talk to you later :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: my veggies are usually frozen ones but I'll be challenging myself today and the next week:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Will do Wednesday. Fruit and/or veggies at each meal try for 7 servings.
    No hooch. Dairy yes but meat no.
    No sugar (yeah right...).
    Thanks my friend!
  • determinedinAZ
    determinedinAZ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The vegie challenge is best for me during the week. Will try to do 2 days next week. I pack my own lunches for work so that helps. Looking forward to the challenge - the starch is the most difficult for me to stay away from. :wink:
  • 50ishFoodie
    50ishFoodie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow. Forgot again today. :mad: