Roadmap 2.0 should be eating 3169 or 3631 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the spreadsheet, but if it included a way to calculate your body fat percentage then maybe that's where the Katch McArdle number comes from.

You can try this number and see how it goes, but be on the alert for signs of undereating, because like I said, the number seems low, even for a big man who's sitting down all day. Don't be afraid to adjust the calories upwards. Also, anytime you do more exercise than what you've described, eat back the calories for that exercise.

You could also add some weight lifting in as well, to protect your lean body mass.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I like the weight lifting idea, and I can do that. The gym I go to is setup for kick boxing, weights and kettle bells.

They only have the one bike, treadmill, and a row machine, so far the only time someone has been there at 3am, she had no interested in cardio equipment.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the spreadsheet, but if it included a way to calculate your body fat percentage then maybe that's where the Katch McArdle number comes from.

You can try this number and see how it goes, but be on the alert for signs of undereating, because like I said, the number seems low, even for a big man who's sitting down all day. Don't be afraid to adjust the calories upwards. Also, anytime you do more exercise than what you've described, eat back the calories for that exercise.

You could also add some weight lifting in as well, to protect your lean body mass.

If it's the RoadMap spreadsheet it does figure your body fat.

OP your calorie goal is close to what my husband started off with. He's done very well with it. Although his is lower now. I'd try it for awhile and see how it goes. If you find that you're losing faster than expected you can bump it up a bit if you choose. Just make sure you are weighing your food and logging accurately.