rice...

Options
ok i had rice for dinner but im still trying to figure out the calories.... does rice double when you cook it? because apparently in the food database it shows 1/4 cups UNCOOKED rice, and apparently i dont eat rice UNCOOKED, and when i do cook it i make enough for the whole family i dont only cook 1/4 cups lol honestly im not really sure how much i cook i just fill a big coffee cup....
anyways the point of my question is if i eat a cup of rice what does that equal as uncooked rice ....
j~

Replies

• icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    ok i had rice for dinner but im still trying to figure out the calories.... does rice double when you cook it? because apparently in the food database it shows 1/4 cups UNCOOKED rice, and apparently i dont eat rice UNCOOKED, and when i do cook it i make enough for the whole family i dont only cook 1/4 cups lol honestly im not really sure how much i cook i just fill a big coffee cup....
    anyways the point of my question is if i eat a cup of rice what does that equal as uncooked rice ....
    j~
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    The measurements change for what you put on your plate not the calories so 1/4 cup uncooked rice equals 1/2 cup cooked rice and the calories remain the same as for the smaller uncooked size. Hope that helps. By the way Brown Rice and Wild Rice are better by far than white rice. Bob
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    thanks rheston your like a fountain of knowledge :flowerforyou:
    j~
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of cooked rice is a serving....I had 1/2 cup for dinner with my home made stir fry..yum
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    or, there are some calorie counters out there on the web that will give the calories for both cooked and uncooked rice...maybe even MFP!!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I love the brown rice families and the jasmine and organic rices I can get from the health food store, but I hate having to come up with different ways to coof it. I can't do stir fry all the time nad sometimes I top with my home made salsa and cheese recipe or have with fish and chicken, but give me some suggestions to keep it healthy.... :flowerforyou: :indifferent: :glasses: