Can't believe the advice I heard given at work!

Options
Mutant13
Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
I was sitting in my office today when two guys walked past, they were talking about the gym and such.

One of them said this, basically verbatim, to the other

"Eh, you don't need to worry to much. Just eat plenty of the right stuff and exercise. Drink water, don't booze too much. Ya know..."

I mean SERIOUSLY. How DARE he perpetrate this cr*p! you have to follow a diet with a NAME! And it has to restrict or completely eliminate at least three food groups! Some people are so uneducated!

And 'drink water'? Ha! Obviously he never heard of water weight? Why would I want to drink something that has 'weight' next to its name? I never heard of 'diet coke weight'!

At least all the ladies I work with know the deal. They're all on weight watchers, or Atkins, or a juice fast. We might have to call this idiot guy back to move some boxes of paper for us. Don't want to pick them up and get bulky.

Replies

• RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You forgot about green coffee bean extract, HCG drops and raspberry ketones. Sheesh!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    haha men often seem to handle losing weight better than women! I don't know if it's that they eat less emotionally, or that they are more focused about losing weight or just can physically lose BF quicker than us? And they can eat more than most chicks and still lose. GRRR!! lol
  • Mutant13
    Options
    You forgot about green coffee bean extract, HCG drops and raspberry ketones. Sheesh!

Well of course! But I assumed they were a given!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    How completely irresponsible!! Where were the shakes? the pills? the restrictions and the rules??

That man is a danger to society. Get him some HCG and a green coffee enema STAT.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    I know right?

I mean, like, it's none of my business but I just wanted to go and give him a shakeology flyer, or buy him a pair of fit flops!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    You totally need to buy him a shakeweight.

stash-1-50c6638262a81.gif
  • Mutant13
    Options
    And the ab roller so we can spot reduce all that fat!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    He also sounds the sort that will tell people that they shouldn't exercise for hours a day and then only eat 1200 calories. Like how are you supposed to lose weight if you don't do that !!!!
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Wow.

Too much stupid... I can't even.... I think that might have broken me
  • Mutant13
    Options
    He also sounds the sort that will tell people that they shouldn't exercise for hours a day and then only eat 1200 calories. Like how are you supposed to lose weight if you don't do that !!!!

Ha! Exactly!

I like to aim for negative calories everyday
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Sigh, another man hating thread............ We're not all like that you know. Take me for example, I'm on the famouse Seefood diet, I see food, I eat it, I avoid any food group with 'vegetarian' in the name, and drink water only in limited quantities in whisky. Oh and I have my own inbuilt shakeweight. When I get the urge to excercise I go an lie in a darkened room till the urge passes, or concentrate on shakeweight excercises which only take about 30 seconds...............

I hope you told those irresponsible guys off in no uncertain terms.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

Ha! Exactly!

I like to aim for negative calories everyday

Well I have this amazing list of negative calorie foods you just must read!!!
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Irony!

Fantastic!

The Eat Less Do More approach is like so totally middle ages!
  • sandradev1
    Options
    Sigh, another man hating thread............ We're not all like that you know. Take me for example, I'm on the famouse Seefood diet, I see food, I eat it, I avoid any food group with 'vegetarian' in the name, and drink water only in limited quantities in whisky. Oh and I have my own inbuilt shakeweight. When I get the urge to excercise I go an lie in a darkened room till the urge passes, or concentrate on shakeweight excercises which only take about 30 seconds...............

I hope you told those irresponsible guys off in no uncertain terms.

*chokes on coffee*
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was sitting in my office today when two guys walked past, they were talking about the gym and such.

"Eh, you don't need to worry to much. Just eat plenty of the right stuff and exercise. Drink water, don't booze too much. Ya know..."

I mean SERIOUSLY. How DARE he perpetrate this cr*p! you have to follow a diet with a NAME! And it has to restrict or completely eliminate at least three food groups! Some people are so uneducated!

And 'drink water'? Ha! Obviously he never heard of water weight? Why would I want to drink something that has 'weight' next to its name? I never heard of 'diet coke weight'!

At least all the ladies I work with know the deal. They're all on weight watchers, or Atkins, or a juice fast. We might have to call this idiot guy back to move some boxes of paper for us. Don't want to pick them up and get bulky.

You are using sarcasm right...I hope...or at least exploring the fine art of trolling?
  • sandradev1
    Options

You are using sarcasm right...I hope...or at least exploring the fine art of trolling?

Haha and doing a pretty fine job, if you have to ask :laugh:
  • Mutant13
    Options

No. This entire thread is completely devoid of sarcasm.

What even is sarcasm? Will it make me skinny??
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

:noway:
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

No. This entire thread is completely devoid of sarcasm.

What even is sarcasm? Will it make me skinny??

No, but it will make you cool and gain you lots of freinds.
This discussion has been closed.