when and how do you weigh in?

Options
when and how do you weigh in? :bigsmile: also why did you pick a ur certain day as ur official weigh in day?

Replies

• mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    Options
    I weigh in every first thing Tuesday morning as my "offical" weight. I do this naked after I have used the bathroom and before my shower or breakfast.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily....this is just for my own reference (adjusting for sodium intake and non-exercise days)...every morning when I get up after I go to the bathroom. I'll weight myself after exercising too just for kicks.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I do Thursday mornings butt naked. :laugh: I chose Thursday because that was the day of the week when I started on here and I've just stuck with the day since.
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. I am aware that my weight may fluctuate throughout the day and week. So once that I check in for the week, I forget about it til next week.
    I just happen to start on a Tuesday morning so I thought I'd stick with that. And I thought to myself "How can I remember to weigh in on Tuesdays?" So I decided to call it Tubby Tuesday, that way I remember.
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning - before breakfast and shower. I weigh about every other day- just because I'm addicted to the scale, but I only track on Thursdays. I used to do Mondays, but that didn't give me enough time to recover from a rough weekend( I always have a hard time staying on track during the weekends!), so I switched to Thursdays which is working really well for me!
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning, after I go to the bathroom, naked. I chose Friday's, because I am off work that day and don't have the "get ready for work" rush going on.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning just to stay on track, however I log my weigh on Thursday morning. First thing in the morning.
  • jenjen84
    jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing on Wednesday morning after using the bathroom. I picked Wednesday because I get together with my family on Tuesday nights and when I sit down to dinner I think, "I have to weigh-in in the morning so I better be good" it just helps me from overeating in a situation where I normally would!!!
  • seventeenlucky77
    seventeenlucky77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been weighing in on Monday mornings, same as most.. after the bathroom trip, before shower and breakfast. I have been checking like every 3 days just so I can see how drinking more water is affecting what I weigh certain days.
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday....I know they say not to but it helps me keep things in check and let me know if I need to work harder that day! Then I also am in TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) so I get my official weight check on Tuesday evenings!
  • ncjc
    ncjc Posts: 9
    Options
    I used to weigh in on Tuesday mornings. I'm off every Monday and figured it was best since it's the day I start my week off. Since I have reached my goal I have moved my day to Friday mornings butt naked after I used the bathroom. I find that since I've reached my goal weight I drink on the weekends now, and Tuesday is just to soon to weigh in to see if I'm maintaining the weight. When I first started I thought about weighing in everyday but my husband told me not too, that it would make me stress to much about the weight I'm losing. I'm glad I took his advice I;ve lost 21pounds in about 3 months!
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    Officially first thing in the mornings on Friday ~ after using the bathroom, naked, right before getting in shower. :laugh:
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, and track it, but my "real" weigh in is Tuesday morning, because that is the day of the week my sister and I made our 8 week/8 lbs weight loss challenge. I guess I'm a little funny, but I weigh in after I go to the bathroom and after I breastfeed my daughter (there is actually a pretty reasonable pre-nursing and post-nursing weight difference!), but also after I've had a cup of coffee. Don't ask me why... it's just habit. Then I eat breakfast afterwards.
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I weigh in during the morning, right after waking. This is my baseline weight for the day. I also weigh before and after excercizing to see if I've lost a huge amount of water weight.. maybe I do weigh too much but it gives me encouragement.

I only record the weight if it is consistant for 3 days.
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    Saturday mornings, get up, get naked, pee :blushing: weigh, do a happy dance. Saturdays because I didn't own a scale at all until a few weeks ago and we bought it on a fFiday night

But, that's just me.
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before I hit the shower, just to keep tabs on myself. My official weigh-in is Saturday mornings, first thing. I picked Saturday because I have had a full week of eating well, drinking lots of water, and 4 days of hard workouts. This also keeps me from consuming adult beverages on Friday night. I typically weigh 2-4 lbs more in the beginning of the week than I do at the end.

I have read many times that you should weigh yourself at the same time each day you step on the scale because your weight can fluctuate throughout the day depending on how much water you drink, sodium you consume, etc etc.
  • jworley94
    Options
    I weigh in on Wednesday morning naked and after I go to the bathroom. Wednesday is the day I started so I am sticking with it....also I eat out on Thursdays usually so I remember I just lost weight....so don't put it back on. I also weigh in the same time of day/morning.
    660910.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I get on the sales usually every other morning but only track my weight "officially" on a Friday morning. I struggle on a weekend to be super good so I have a little rest at the weekend - enjoy it! - but get back on it Monday morning and can usually see a loss by Friday :)

It means I don't feel guilty having a sneaky white wine spritzer (or 5!) on a weekend and still see results :)
    -x-x-
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    I weigh in daily and put it in here when I see a drop. My official weigh in day though is Tuesday, chosing it was random.
  • jenny1ca
    jenny1ca Posts: 16
    Options
    As often as i can lol.
    the official weigh in day is Thursday but i will record my lowest weight from any day. Hay Ill take what I can get. :)