question about protein...

Options
I have been under my calorie intake daily but I am generally over by at least 15 on my protein. Is this okay or do I need to avoid going over on protein? I am losing weight at a steady 1-2lbs a week. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Replies

• schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If you are actively exercising and weight training then the extra proteing is great for you.....will help you build up muscle!
  • MattDustin
    MattDustin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Going over on protein is fine - the higher your protein percentage compared to carbs/fat, the better! Protein definitely takes longest for your body to break down, so it will keep you fuller for a lot longer. Carbs burn up quickly and leave you hungry, and it's easy to get too many, but as long as it's good clean protein (chicken, fish, eggs/egg whites, protein powder...) the more the better! I know for me, I want the food that will keep me full the longest, and that's protein.

And as was previously mentioned, protein is the foundation for building/repairing muscles, so if you are exercising, you need extra protein to keep up with your body and help your body recover.
  • cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    Yeah, I am mainly getting the protein from Skim Milk, Chicken, and fish so I thought it would be okay, but I just wasn't completely sure. I have been exercising daily and I am not nearly as hungry as I used to be so YAY!! Thanks Y'all!!