Need to lose 3 Stone / 50 pounds +

Options
liannexxx
liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
I have used myftinesspal in the past but never joined in the community or actually stuck to it. Over the last year I have put on 2 stone and it has literally crept up on me.

I have the next 2 and a half months off work (world travel) but plan to stick to this every day and hope to see results quickly.

I know I need to cut out the alcohol and start hitting the gym.

Please feel free to let me know of any tips or I'm happy to buddy up with people xx

Replies

• Sharry1978
    Options
    I have a few weeks off work at the moment, and am trying to work out everyday and eating well. I know when I go back to work I'll be fighting boredom eating, and being too tired to go to the gym. If I were you I would dedicate your time off to concentrate on getting the weight off... I know people say to lose it slowly, but I'd rather get a fair bit off in one go before I have to cope with the daily struggles. Good luck :)
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey I agree! I am going to work really hard over the next 2 months just to see what I can do! Maybe it will be easier once I have shifted some weight anyway.

How are you getting on? x
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and need to lose the same amount. It seems like a long way off though lol I have found the more weight I lose the easier it is to stick to it, but I haven't given up on my wine...there are just some things this girl won't give up to be skinny haha

Good Luck!
  • ubabette
    ubabette Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi - I need to lose about 50 lbs too. We have to remember that we are not on diets but a life change. You can eat and drink anything but in moderation. We did not put this weight on overnight so can not expect to come off like that. Having support make it harder to overeat. Signing on each day to track my calories makes you think twice what you put in your mouth. I also belong to a weight loss group (TOPS) and that support keeps me on track. I go out with friends to lunches and dinners but choose more wisely what to eat. Plan a day when \i really want that dessert. if you would like to be weight buddies that would be great - its all about the support. :bigsmile: