MILK

Options
2»

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    i eat/drink only with cereal. .

with cereal, I recommend almond milk, either plain or vanilla, if you're trying to cut a couple dozen calories at that meal. I personally can't really tell the difference between them and 1 or 2%.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Milk is what I miss the most since starting this thing! Nothing like cold milk straight from the bottle in the middle of the night when no one is awake to catch you :-)

I still drink milk but it's 2% and it's in an 8 oz glass for portion control. I try and savor it now a few swallows at a time instead of chugging it like I used to.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    50a44eaaafa96f77ad000001.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I used to think that non-fat milk didn't taste as good as the other stuff. But once I learned that whole milk and 2% just have added fat, I kind of got over it. I love non-fat milk. I tried almond milk, and it tastes good, but I wasn't making my protein goal when using it. I have had rice milk. It's also not bad, but if you are watching carbs, it might not be the best choice. I don't like the taste of soy milk at all.
  • kats3boys
    kats3boys Posts: 61
    Options
    If you only take milk with your cereal, assuming 1/2 cup is the general serving, then the difference between skim and 2% milk is only 20 calories..20 calories is pretty easy to make up and save else where so that you can enjoy your breakfast.
  • Jason67o48
    Options
    I use almond milk for my protein shakes and fruit smoothies. As for milk I go skim and have adjusted to the light taste. I also only drink regular milk maybe 2-3 times a week. Never had soy milk. Try unsweetened almond milk imo
  • jeanpien
    jeanpien Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like rice milk
  • pattycake118
    pattycake118 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you want to go down to fat free, you'll get used to it if you give it a bit of time. I grew up with 2% and switched to fat-free and now up to 1%. Give your taste buds time to adjust. If you decide to go another route, make sure you check out the nutrition panel for the product - calcium and protein are things you don't want to give up. Also, you don't need to be afraid of fat - your body needs some to be able to absorb certain vitamins from your food.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I only use it for cooking and cereal so I use the 2%. I think soy milk tastes like dirt, but everyone else I know loves it.
  • sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    well i dont think its SILLY to try to find a better alternative than the high calorie milk.

i dont want to stop drinking it, i just want to find a lower calorie alternative.
    and i tried the unsweet almond vanilla one (40 calories a cup) and its a good alternative to me for now.