Ladies & weight training

Options
Have you noticed, once you start lifting the weight just melts off.
On my weight loss journey I was so focused on cardio to burn fat but once I grabbed a pair of weights the weight came off easier and faster. Oh & the added benefit, my body looks and feels amazing. My waist got a lot smaller too!

The hardest part was adjusting my calories & not doing as much cardio. It was weird eating more calories. I was paranoid out of my mind that I was gonna gain weight. But I gained some muscles instead.

Im not bulky, I have strong lean sexy muscles ! Im very proud.

So do not neglect weight training! And if you do circuit training, Its a two for one, cardio and strength!
Im currently doing P90x with 10lb and 15lb dumbbells & i love it.

Has anyone noticed this???

Eat Clean, Train mean & get lean! :)

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    yes, I've noticed this :drinker: <--- lifting dumbbells, not cups
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    Lifting heavy actually slowed my weight-loss, but I didn't care...at all. What I've gained from lifting weights doesn't compare IN ANY WAY to losing a few extra pounds on the scale.
  • mudonthetires856
    mudonthetires856 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy actually slowed my weight-loss, but I didn't care...at all. What I've gained from lifting weights doesn't compare IN ANY WAY to losing a few extra pounds on the scale.

^Same for me.
    My weight loss has slowed down a lot, but I'm not at all worried about it. While doing strictly cardio, I lost weight, but my clothes didn't fit any better. When I started lifting, my weight loss just about stalled, but the inches are coming off. I need a belt for my tightest pair of jeans now and I LOVE IT! It was hard to ignore that number on the scale, but at this point, I don't care what I weigh. I just know I look better and I regret not picking up the weights sooner.
  • TheKatnav
    TheKatnav Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    HI all, how often do you train and for how long. I am just starting and wanting to get some ideas. I am lifting 5kg dumbbells is this lame I I am 5ft2 and 113lb so not big) . I dont care about weight loss now, I just want to look amazing in a bikini (my first ever) and perk my puppies....