Discouraged Slow Weight Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Were you just as discouraged that you gained it slowly too?

I bet you never gained more than 1.5 pounds a week consistently, because that's about 75 pounds a year! You gained it slowly, and you'll lose it slowly, but it will come off like it came on.

I've been doing this a year and only have lost 65 pounds. Most days I can't even tell a difference in myself. But my clothes are different, and I get compliments, and it's working, even though I didn't even average a pound a week and started at almost 300 pounds. Patience, my friend.
    Thanks! I didn't realize lot's of others were losing weight real slow too. Alot of people I know have dropped more than me in a few months. I feel like a turtle.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel - it's taken me 19 months to lose 60lbs. But along the way I've lost loads of inches and gained some good muscle and I'm the thinnest I've been for 10 years. I still have 10lbs or so to go, which seems so hard at the moment. This last bit is by far the hardest and slowest.

It is depressing when some people lose so fast, and also when most women with my measurements are at least 10lbs lighter than I am!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 10 lbs since jan 10th so I know what you mean. But perhaps it will stay off this time if we're doing everything right, slow & steady does win the race I hear. lol
  • angelasowdon
    Options
    maybe walking puts too much pressure on your joints and is not helping to speed your body up enough - have you tried cycling, swimming or even some mad dance for half hour - maybe just alternating what you do because as soon as the body gets used to something, it tends to slow back down.. I think your journey so far has been fantastic, keep your eye on the end you want and maybe just enjoy what you have achieved..
  • ChristieNJFitnessAddict
    Options
    Honestly you can work out 3 hours a day and keep bad eating habits and you'll barely lose. That's how I was. I would barely loose anything and it had me discouraged even when I was dieting. I changed my eating habits drastically and still work out hard and I loose anywhere from 2 to 3 lbs a week. I lost about 14 lbs in about 5 1/2 weeks. I cut out all rice, pasta, starch, sugar and most carbs. My diet is a bit drastic and don't recommend it and you should always seek a doctor's advice. I mainly eat a lot of protein and veggies and fruit when I crave something sweet. I only take in sugar that's in vegetables or fruit. I highly recommend you see a nutritionist and they can help you out. Also, if you could afford one, I would go to a personal trainer. You'll notice a huge difference in a month.

Good luck on your journey!
  • Jessieee_huangggg
    Options
    Girl be happy there is not right or wrong way with weight loss, as long as you're going down that's all that matters! Great job so far! KEEP GOING, I cannot emphasis this enough! :)
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the weight loss race.
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the weight loss race.
    :happy: