Visualization, Goals, and Achievement

Options
One of the most important things in achieving goals is to Visualize the end result, or build it with your mind. It is something that, like everything else, you get better at with time and practice. After working in the printing industry for over a decade I decided to go to college, and get a Master's degree. I read some books about study techniques, and prepared to go to college. In the beginning it was so nerve racking. I made myself sick with "what about this, or that," but as time went on I started seeing myself with a MBA, getting good grades along the way, and finishing with honors. My vision got clearer, and clearer. I adjusted my actions accordingly, and in the end my goal became reality. My advise is to visualize your goals on a daily basis, evaluate them on a quarterly basis, make the needed adjustments, and keep progressing. Don't just say I want to lose x amount of pounds. Envision what you'll look like when you get there, how you'll feel, and what lies beyond that. Hope this helps.

Replies

• Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thank you ...This was very encouraging.
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I know it is kind of a corny book but, "The Secret" has some good ideas about Visualization. Be, Say, Do. :)
  • PJClay57
    PJClay57 Posts: 16
    Options
    I agree! What I just tried worked, so I will pass it along. When I am on the treadmill, I sometimes want to stop before the time is up. I printed out a copy of my weight loss banner and laminated it. I then tape it to the treadmill so I can see how my hard work is paying off; this keeps me moving! Not sure if it will work for anyone else, but just seeing progress motivated me to keep going!
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym I like to do high intensity interval training on the elliptical machine. It is a machine that you can grab hold with your hands, and close your eyes. When I'm about to hit the wall I imagine that running as fast as I can, and am crashing through walls, or mountains. That helps me keep going past my breaking point lots of times.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    AGREEEEEEE!!!!!:happy: