(TDEE)-20%

Options
HELLO EVRYONE:how many have tried this and found to be helpful?
im giving this a try .

your reply will be much appreciated looking for tips, etc.thanks all.

-alex-

Replies

• armyguy26
    Options
    TDEE isn't a diet plan, its just a way of calculating energy expenditure.

Its usually referred to in the IIFYM diet plan (if it fits your macros). Is that what you mean? If so, then yes, thats how I eat and for me it works excellent. Ive lost about 20 lbs in just over two months, with very little muscle loss.

I am naturally ectomorphic though, so its easier for me to lose weight. Not saying those results will be gotten by wveryone.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    TDEE isn't a diet plan, its just a way of calculating energy expenditure.

Its usually referred to in the IIFYM diet plan (if it fits your macros). Is that what you mean? If so, then yes, thats how I eat and for me it works excellent. Ive lost about 20 lbs in just over two months, with very little muscle loss.

I am naturally ectomorphic though, so its easier for me to lose weight. Not saying those results will be gotten by wveryone.

thanks for your reply.
    yes thats what im trying to do .not under eating or over eating.and still see results .
    this site is giving me too many few calories for the amount of time spent at the gym .
  • armyguy26
    Options
    Dont worry about what the calculator spits out for your daily caloric requirements. They'll need to be adjusted in the real world anyways.

Ive found a quick and dirty way to figure out yohr energy expenditures is multiply your weight by 15. Most fancy calculators come out to aboht that anyways. Then eat accordingly. If you dont lose weight, adjust your calories 10%. After a week or two you'll hvae found your sweet spot.

And IIFYM definitely works because it doesnt "feel" like a diet. Nothing is really outright banned (although use common sense regarsing sugar and high glycemic carbs).

As long as you a) stay under your caloric requirements and b) get the minimum required grams of protein/fat (carbs dont matter) you can eat pretty much whatever you want. And you'll lose weight.
  • xALEXANDROx
    Options
    Dont worry about what the calculator spits out for your daily caloric requirements. They'll need to be adjusted in the real world anyways.

Ive found a quick and dirty way to figure out yohr energy expenditures is multiply your weight by 15. Most fancy calculators come out to aboht that anyways. Then eat accordingly. If you dont lose weight, adjust your calories 10%. After a week or two you'll hvae found your sweet spot.

And IIFYM definitely works because it doesnt "feel" like a diet. Nothing is really outright banned (although use common sense regarsing sugar and high glycemic carbs).

As long as you a) stay under your caloric requirements and b) get the minimum required grams of protein/fat (carbs dont matter) you can eat pretty much whatever you want. And you'll lose weight.

awesome yes im deff. going to give it a try at least for 2 weeks .thanks for that bodyweight x 15 its pretty much what online calculators say .

to adjust 10% up or down ??
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Alex, check out this post. I've found it to be VERY helpful for figuring out TDEE issues.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • armyguy26
    Options
    10% only after you havent noticed any change for a 3-5 days.

Start with 20% below maintenence though. Ex. if your maintenence is 3000 cals, eat 500-600 less (2400). If you havent lost any weight in a week or so, drop it 10% or so. If you find your losing TOO fast (more then 2-3 lbs/week, unless your obese then you mihht lose more) adjust it up a bit. If you lose too fast your probably losing too much muscle as welll.
  • xALEXANDROx
    Options
    Alex, check out this post. I've found it to be VERY helpful for figuring out TDEE issues.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

this is an awesome post thanks .no wonder ive been stuck with no results .and thats still busting my body at the gym .thanksagain.
  • xALEXANDROx
    Options
    10% only after you havent noticed any change for a 3-5 days.

Start with 20% below maintenence though. Ex. if your maintenence is 3000 cals, eat 500-600 less (2400). If you havent lost any weight in a week or so, drop it 10% or so. If you find your losing TOO fast (more then 2-3 lbs/week, unless your obese then you mihht lose more) adjust it up a bit. If you lose too fast your probably losing too much muscle as welll.

ok.thanks sir.