Curving the sweet tooth

Options
If you get that nagging feeling that you want something sweet what do you do to curve it? I'm just curious as to what some people do to get past this.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Depends on what else I've eaten that day, but here's some things that I eat when I want something small, but sweet.

a square or two of extra dark (85% cacao) chocolate
    sugar-free frozen popsicle
    apple, orange or banana
    raisins or prunes (if you've never tried prunes, do. They are almost like candy to me!)
    jello
    small lemon ice cup
    homemade "sorbet": frozen banana, frozen berries, water and lemon juice, mixed in bullet blender
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I will have two or three pieces of Hershey's bliss dark chocolate daily, usually after dinner and I never feel like I'm denying myself the sweets! Choose whatever candy you like and buy a bag of individual pieces and figure out how many calories that you want to devote to your sweet tooth and have them as dessert.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You also need to know your "triggers"- I have to be careful about eating Frosted Mini-Wheats out of the box because once I start I can't stop. It's much easier for me to stop after one apple or one cup of Italian ice. So, choose your sweets carefully.
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions. I like also getting dark chocolate and letting it just melt on my tongue to savor it longer :) I'm not having the sweet cravings today, but usually that is what derails me when I'm dieting. I'll get that nagging feeling and I give in. I'll also drink water sometimes.
  • 5hellz
    5hellz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I haven't told myself that I can't have anything except Mt. Dews. If I want something sweet, I will eat it because if I don't, I will fall off this diet and gain back everything I have lost. And by having the option to have the sweet, I haven't had the cravings as bad as thought I would....
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yeah sort of how I approach it. Once in a while its ok. I tend to eat peppermints sometimes and that curves it. Every now and again though I get that gotta have it craving and when that happens I want some alternatives. My little brother gave me a french vanilla & caramel milky way last night that he said was amazing. I have no idea if it is or not bc I haven't touched it :) I figured if it tempted me too much I'd take just a quarter of it.