Metabolism boosting?

Hi Guys!
So i think i probably have the worst metabolism possible, which makes it very hard to loose weight...
How can i improve my metabolism? Are there any (vegetarian) foods i can eat that can help increase my metabolism?

Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm very supportive!
Thank You!

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Move more and sit around less.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    There really is no way to boost your metabolism. It can and will repair itself, but only over time and by doing right by your body. On the positive side, muscle does burn calories more effectively than fat, so adding strength training to your workouts might help.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    SQUAT!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    If you are in a deficit -> eat at maintenance so that RMR eventually recovers.
    If you are in maintenance -> eat at a slight surplus and lift weights to gain LBM.
    Be active.

Those are the only ways to recover from a suppressed metabolism or increase it above baseline.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    I agree with all of the above.

You could watch Dr. Oz, and I'm sure he will have several foods that are supposed to boost metabolism, but the effects are negligible. Drinking extra water, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, etc, are supposed to be some of those foods, but, again. The best way to boost metabolism is to move more, eat slightly under your TDEE, build muscle, and be patient.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    No.

Make sure you weigh/measure and log all your food. Inaccurate logging is usually the 'cause' for a slow metabolism, baring any medical conditions.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    The effects of any "metabolism boosting" foods is minimal. Exercise really helps burn more calories though. :)