Cheat Day??

tb221
tb221 Posts: 54 Member
I just started using this website February 1. I looked over my calorie intake the last month and saw that I went over my limit on 12 days. That's quite a lot! The working out part I enjoy and isn't a problem, but I definitely go on binges every now and then. I'm considering implementing a cheat day once a week. I'm hoping this will help me a lot since I will only go over my limit for 4 days instead of 12!!

Is anyone else doing this? Is it helpful?

Replies

• missjeevious
    missjeevious Posts: 83 Member
    is it possible that you are eating too little on an ongoing basis and so you feel the need to totally dump the whole thing about half the time (i.e. it is too hard to keep up)?
    everybody has their own advice about cheat days, but for me personally, I've realized that one day a week of eating like crazy can mathematically undo the rest of hte week- if you do do a 'cheat day' I would suggest that you still log it so that you know what you are eating.
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 220 Member
    I'm no fan of cheat days. They don't do any good, either physically or mentally. Perhaps you need to review your goals and put together something you can stick too. Perhaps you are trying to make too big a change all at once. Often this approach leads to failure in the long run.

If your cheats are chocolate, sweets and the like, seek healthier substitutes like Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
  • JacquiC72
    JacquiC72 Posts: 49 Member
    I have a cheat/treat once a month. When I get paid, I let myself order a pizza. It gives me something to look forward to.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Don't do cheat days!! :bigsmile:
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    I stopped cheat days when I had to work all week to lose what I gained with one REALLY bad meal. Now if I want something, I budget my calories for it in moderation.
  • soonergirl03
    soonergirl03 Posts: 47 Member
    I have a cheat day 1 day a week but I dont cheat the whole day I just have a cheat meal and its either breakfast or dinner. If I cheat the whole day then I can gain what I actually lost the whole week.
  • You might look into something called 'calorie cycling'. Basicly you have a couple days a week where you have 200-300 extra calories to work with. It's supposed to prevent the 'plateau'.

I have dinner at my parents on Sunday and dinner with a friend every Wednesday. I call these my 'cycling' days and allow myself an extra 300 calories.
  • JacquiC72
    JacquiC72 Posts: 49 Member
    I have a cheat/treat once a month. When I get paid, I let myself order a pizza. It gives me something to look forward to.

After weighing myself yesterday morning, eating pizza last night and then weighing myself this morning (just to see what a difference it makes) and seeing a 2lb gain, my cheat day will now be changed to something healthier. I'd rather look forward to a weight loss than a pizza.