What a difference a year makes (long and with pics)

Options

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Wow - what an amazing story - I am so happy for you and that you are now living you life as an athlete!!

I also have one of your pics (the knee replacement) and it has made such a difference to my quality of life - as well as my attitude....

So looking at all your challenges - and how you have overcome them in such a short time I am in awe!!
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your story. It is very inspirational and just the kick in the butt I needed. I tore my meniscus about 14 years ago, didn't see a doctor until it was too late. My complete knee replacement was two years ago this month. Over time I became more sedentary due to pain and thought once I had a new knee I would be the old me. Nope! It is still painful and swells, so I baby it and stop exercising. You are proof and have given me hope that I can be the old me if I fight through the discomfort and don't let mental beliefs and a little pain deter me. Thank you! Message received!
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You are so inspirational! I felt my eyes filling up as I read your story. It just goes to show that those of us who are fortunate enough not to have a disability should not take our bodies and ability to exercise for granted! Well done, you look amazing. Enjoy :)
  • ThinIsInforLynn
    ThinIsInforLynn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Truly that is an incredible difference and all in one year. Congrats upon congrats! You worked so hard and it made all the difference in the world. You look terrific. Thanks so much for sharing. You touched a lot of us with this wonderful story. Thank you.
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing job and so very inspirational!!!!!
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow - what a difference a year makes indeed! You're an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story and pictures with us.
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    OMG... what a story... great job and love the shot of the screws :)
  • thegreatestlove
    thegreatestlove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That is just great! Congrats on your success... You did such a great job!!
  • stonetodrop
    stonetodrop Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. Well done!
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    All I can say is wow!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wow - thanks for all of the replies! For those of you that posted similar injuries and the difficulty continuing on with a twinge take your time and concentrate on those feelings. I found over time I was able to know which ones were just discomfort that was a result of exercise and which ones were telling me it was really time to stop.

We are each on our own journey to health and sometimes our minds are our greatest obstacle in that journey. I am truly blessed to have a great family and to have met so many great people on this site. Those simple little wtg's and great workout comments really make more of a difference than I ever would have imagined them to.
  • 2720cynthia
    2720cynthia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    A very moving and inspiring story. Thank you for sharing with everyone. Best to you.
  • ynvme76
    ynvme76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    Awesome!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, you write beautifully. I am moved by your story, and applaud your results - you look really great, and the best thing I guess is your mind attitude that has changed along with your body.

Well done in overcoming and working around the problems you have had. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I bet your wife is really happy to see you looking so good and healthy :smile:
  • dogwalk
    dogwalk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    CONGRADULATIOS! YOU LOOK GREAT! YOUR GIONG TO BE THERE FOR YOUR FAMILY ,YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF ITS HARD WORK !
  • julielittlefish
    julielittlefish Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    *standingovation*

Well done.
  • MaineMama24
    Options
    Wow! That is an unbelievable story! Congratulations on your newfound health!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!