My Tracks

Options
Do you have an Android phone? No FitBit yet or other GOS device to help track your walks/runs?
Try this, I love it. http://www.google.com/mobile/mytracks/
Helps me keep accurate records of how long I've been out, how far I traveled, my speed throughout..... It does more but this is what I use it for. Just thought I might share.... maybe it'll help motivate some.

Replies

• ralphambrose
    Options
    I just started trying Runtastic & Runtastic Pedometer. I like how the pedometer is adjustable and can automatically sync my exercise and calories burned with My Fitness Pal. I'm looking for something similar for rides on my road bike. Runtastic has a paid app, and it looks like they even integrate with Velo bike computer and heart monitor. However, my bike computer & heart monitor are Sigma brand, and don't offer wireless sync with a phone, anyway.

But I found posts in other forums of people using My Tracks for their rides from a few years ago. Since I'm an Android user, I'm going to try out My Tracks, too. I just wish My Fitness Pal would build some sort of integration with My Tracks. My Tracks has an API: http://code.google.com/p/mytracks/wiki/MyTracksApi, and it's a free app by Google.

Maybe I'll eventually upgrade my bike computer for something that will sync with my phone and with My Fitness Pal. For now, I will stick with the free apps.
  • runbikehikeboulder
    Options
    I think My Tracks is very useful.

Seems unfortunate that MyFitnessPal hasn't been wired up to use My Tracks data (I also had this idea). (:-( Considering even the WiFi-only Nexus tablets have GPS and run the My Tracks app, many users could benefit from this obvious integration - and more sophisticated user experience.
  • ahuff979
    ahuff979 Posts: 1
    Options
    I enjoy using MyTracks as well. It hardly uses any battery, which is nice when I'm doing a "Benchmark Ride" where I go as far and as long as I can...my last one was 30+ miles and took about 2.5 hours. With the MapmyFitness on my old EVO, I honestly don't think I would have had enough battery to go much further...Atlest MapMyFitness has a way to import .gpx data from MyTracks...but I'm not sure how well it syncs to this site.
  • GlennAtkins
    GlennAtkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm using My Tracks when I bike. Anyone have any new info on integration between My Tracks and MFP?