Just quit Slimfast and Im excited about this one!!

Options
Hi! I just found this site thanks to someone who posted their fitness weight counter on the slimfast threads!! i clicked on in and checked this site out and am excited to start using it! I love the fact that I dont have to count all my calories like before granted it's not hard but being a moother of 3 boys i dont always remember to count all of them lol. I am looking to loose abut 20 lbs to get me close to my old size before I had my youngest 8 months ago. I hear people say all the time I'm not fat but when you are use to being a certain size and weight and your not you tend to feel fat.... after all one persons fat is not another persons fat lol. I would love to have some people to chat with and I have some good recipes to share if anybody would like them (avocado salad dressing, 350 calorie bbq chicken pouches, low calorie chili and fake out mashed taters that my kids love) So I hope that I can make friends here and have some motivation as well...

Replies

• mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    welcome!!! we are always up for some good, and good for you, recipes. I have 2 sons myself and a husband who have done well with not griping too much about my healthier cooking but I would love to take a peek at these recipes and see how they work for us. Thanks!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Hey glad to have you here. The support is great - I think the best thing is just making it a point to log in everyday. [I have toruble with this]. On the weeks when I come 7 days, I tend to lose the most.

Good luck on your journey and YES to the recipes!!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome........I love mfp. Since the start of 2010 I have managed to lose 22 pounds. I never could have done that alone. This site gives me all the tools I need to make the right choices. And the support of others is amazing. Looking forwward to the recipes! :flowerforyou:
  • size7again
    Options
    it's nice to meet u! here is one my 10 yr old loves to help with since he gets to cut things (any time he gets to cut something up he's all in for helping) heres is the one for bbq chicken pouches since i can do this one by memory and ill also send the salad dressing i don't know about the calorie count but i DO know that avocados burn bad fat that we store even tho they are high in calories (i found that on the diet solution plan) hope your family enjoys these... when i find the recipe for the chili i will post it as well.. if you have any you would like to share pass them on!! I LOVE to cook and my family is pretty nice about my "experiments" as they call them...

BBQ CHICKEN AND VEGGI PUCHES
    PREHEAT OVEN TO 425
    1/4 C. LIGHT WISHBONE ITALIAN DRESSING
    1/4 C. BBQ SAUCE (YOUR CHOICE)
    1 LB. BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN CUT INTO BITE SIZE CUBES
    1 MED. ONION COARSLY CHOPPED
    1 (15OZ.) CAN BLACK BEANS RINSED AND DRAINED
    1 TBSP. CHOPPED FRESH CILANTRO
    2 C. COOKED BROWN RICE (START EARLY B/C IT TAKES ABOUT AN HOUR)

PREHEAT OVEN TO 425 STIR TOGETHER DRESSING AND BBQ SAUCE IN LARGE BOWL. ADD CHICKEN AND VEGGIES THEN TOSS TO COAT. ADD IN BEANS (I DONT USE THE ENTIRE CAN IT'S JUST TOO MUCH IN MY OPINION) . DIVIDE MIX EVENLY INTO FOIL POUCHES AND SEAL EDGES WITH AIRTIGHT SEALS WITH A DOUBLE FOLD. (MAKES 5 TO 6 POUCHES DEPENDING ON HOW YOU STUFF THEM ) PLACE POUCHES SEAM SIDE UP ON BAKING SHEET FOR 20 MINS IN OVEN OR UNTIL CHICKEN IS DONE. OPEN POUCHES CAREFULLY AND SPRINKLE WITH CILANTRO SERVE WITH COOKED RICE

AVOCADO DRESSING
    1 LARGE AVOCADO
    3 JUICED LEMONS (I USE A PLASTIC LEMON AND JUST ADD WHAT I THINK IS 3 LEMONS)
    2 TBSP CILANTRO
    1TBSP SALT
    3 TBSP WATER
    3TBSP OILVE OIL
    3 TBSP. CHOPPED RED ONION (MORE OR LESS DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU LIKE)

PIT AND SKIN AVOCADO (I CUT THE AVOCADO INTO SECTIONS TO MAKE IT EASIER TO CHOP IN THE FOOD PROCESSOR) ADD ALL INGREDIENTS TO PROCESSOR EXCEPT FOR OLIVE OIL AND BLEND TOGETHER TO DESIRED CONSISTANCY THEN ADD OR STREAM IN OLIVE OIL TO MAKE THE DRESSING CREAMY. SERVE WITH LETTUCE AND TOMATOES. (YOU CAN ALSO ADD ANOTHER AVOCADO AND A LITTLE BIT MORE OF EACH INGREDIENT MINUS THE OLIVE OIL TO MAKE AN GUACAMOLE JUST ADD TOMATOES AFTER YOUR DONE CHOPPING I ALSO LIKE TO USE A LITTLE TACE SEASONING AND GARLIC FOR A LITTLE MORE FLAVOR
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I also came over from SF and love it here. The food diary data base is massive and I rarely have to put my own in and the site is so fast, especially compared to SF. And we are always looking for good recipes.