If you were forced to eat at Red Robin what would you get?

Options

Replies

• yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    OMG! I've never been to Red Robin (nor to America for that matter) so this is the first time I've heard of them or looked at their website. YUM! Now I'm hungry - I want one of EVERYthing. It's 8.20am in NZ, time for breakfast, unfortunately after looking at RR's menu all I want is burgers, fries, and onion rings, lol.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    A robin.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Enkibean
    Enkibean Posts: 56
    Options
    Fish and chips, skip the tartar sauce....
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I usually get the Bruschetta Chicken Sandwich with a side of steamed broccoli. Skip the fries! That's under 700 calories, which isn't bad!
  • leahstaeb
    leahstaeb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My sister chose Red Robin for her birthday dinner while she was in town last month, so I looked up the nutrition info beforehand. I ended up getting a cup of Red's Chili Chili, sweet potato fries, and steamed broccoli, and beer. It was all very good! Normally, I would've gotten a burger and eaten a ton of endless fries. What I got was yummy, satisfying, and still in my calories for the day. I didn't even work out that day, so that's saying something haha!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    A blue ribbon burger.

Doesn't hurt to have a splurge every now and then.
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have only been there once, and they served my 13 year old alchohol by mistake. My mom and her got virgin Margaritas and the waiter was new and ordered them wrong. Boy was I hot and they were kissing my butt! They knew I could have gotten them in serious trouble. After that, I never wanted it again.
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Boca burger with a whole wheat bun, no sauces just ketchup and mustard. As far as calories go, one serving of the fries isn't as bad as you think- but I'd rather eat something more nutritious so I'd probably get a side of fruit.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I always get the natural burger- lettuce, tomato- it comes with a slice of cantelope instead of fries.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    That hamburger with the egg on it. Also lots of fries. It's just one meal.
  • soobie
    soobie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I get a garden burger with lettuce bun, it's barely any calories. I get broccoli as the side. It's a decent meal.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A burger. A big one. I'd enjoy it and not worry.

Cut back on other things if you are worried about one day, but enjoy your daughter's birthday. One burger will not do any serious damage. Neither will the cake you enjoy after.

Yeah, that. A bacon cheeseburger and bottomless fries, and a big honkin' piece of birthday cake.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Forced? LOL. I love Red Robin, but I follow a low carb high protein/fat lifestyle, so I always get a lettuce wrapped monster bleu ribbon burger with extra chipotle mayo on the side and no steak sauce.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    'Forced'? Does not compute.

I'd also get the Royal burger, the one with the egg. That thing is delicious.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I go there voluntarily and have their Mexican salad. Love it. Lots of calories but you can always take half of it home.
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well, you wouldn't have to force me to eat there... LOL!

When we go there, I get a burger lettuce-wrapped (cuts out about 200 cals and a bunch of carbs... plus I'm gluten-free, but that's another story), and then only have a small sampling of the fries. No appetizer, except maybe a salad (depending on how hungry I am at the time), and water with lemon. I always get water or iced tea at restaurants/fast food (never soda!).

Edited to add: If anyone reading this post is also gluten free, they do offer gluten-free fries at the same price (fried in a different fryer than the glutinous foods). They have GF buns as well, but I prefer lettuce wrapped to cut out the empty cals/carbs.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    chicken Cesar Wrap no fries...sub fries for another option that's what I do!
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Ensenada chicken platter..

Second this choice!
  • johnnygizmo
    johnnygizmo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Burning Love Burger any day of the week
  • carts1179
    carts1179 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would get 'The Royal Burger' as described and savor it because their will be so much greasey goodness that your body will get rid of it before you even have time to track the calories. :)