Hey all

Im gonna start insanity on monday anyone on it or any tips

Thanks

S.J

Replies

• Ataris9
    Ataris9 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Insanity is .. insane! lol. I tried it out for about 2 weeks and its super intense, if you haven't been active then I don't suggest it to be your starting point. If you have bad knees as well, I might suggest something different because you will be doing a lot of jumping and its a lot of stress on your joints. I had to stop after a while because of bad knees. Also, I think you should be extremely dedicated because it's a hard workout.

But if you're motivated, I know you can do it! :)
  • docssj
    docssj Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Insanity is .. insane! lol. I tried it out for about 2 weeks and its super intense, if you haven't been active then I don't suggest it to be your starting point. If you have bad knees as well, I might suggest something different because you will be doing a lot of jumping and its a lot of stress on your joints. I had to stop after a while because of bad knees. Also, I think you should be extremely dedicated because it's a hard workout.

But if you're motivated, I know you can do it! :)

Awk thanks so much im goin for it woopwoop
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Don't bring it so hard you throw up. I learned that lesson on the first day (yes the first day is just the fitness test and yes I threw up doing it). Don't get discouraged, listen to your body, and I make sure to follow the basics of the diet plan (simply because it helps give you the fuel you need).
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Its intense dont do what i did and push too hard and hurt yourself like i did just do your own pace its my goal to get back to that after i have more stamina
  • calisunrise
    calisunrise Posts: 307
    Options
    make sure you eat enough and also do strenght training for your tricep and back as insanity does very little about those areas
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hey all

Thanks

S.J

I'm gonna start it on Tuesday (as Monday is my rest day)! Mind if I add you?
  • docssj
    Options
    Hey all

Thanks

S.J

I'm gonna start it on Tuesday (as Monday is my rest day)! Mind if I add you?

Sure feel free to add im addicated to mfp always on lol
    Om strugglin to workout many calories to hve each day
  • CobraA5
    CobraA5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have tryed insanity and it is excellent. If you stay with it, you will shape up quickly.
  • docssj
    Options
    BUMP
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Its hard! Just remember to go at YOUR pace, not the people in the video lol. And make sure your eating enough. I was so hungry come month two!
  • target50k
    target50k Posts: 11
    Options
    Planning to start insanity from 17/3...want to get a little more active first...how much weight loss can we expect in those 60days??
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have 2 wks left and I love it! Last year when I started working out, I never thought I would be doing Insanity. It seemed so intimidating and all the jumping was not for me. I started with Turbofire...the prep schedule, at that, lol. Lost almost 20lbs in the first couple months. Then by this January I was ready. And I've loved it every day; even the tough days. I don't do every move to their ability. I do what I can and I take breaks when I need them. One of the first things I noticed was that the people in the video take breaks, too. I liked that. My coach told me she listened in on an interview with Shaun T and he said he's only ever made it thru one Insanity workout without stopping! Modify, rest, hydrate and breathe. And just keep pushing play! :)
  • bolodunn
    bolodunn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i am starting it tomorrow. feel free to add me. i've been getting my cardio from the gym for a few months now. i think i am ready. i hear alot of sore calves and hope its not too bad as i still have to function at work everyday.
  • kernjamie
    kernjamie Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey, I have had the program for a while and haven't got through it once, lol. I was pregnant my first go around and I didn't know until the end of the first month. I still lost 13 pounds that month. I am doing it now, just finished up week one. I really want to get through the whole program. I have honestly been doing it since late January but have restarted a couple of times. I have a hard time sticking to the food. I would love to be a buddy if you would like one. I actually have three kids, all little and I am home with them. Just went through a divorce as well, so I am trying hard to battle some stress eating issues, but I am not giving up.

I think the best advice I can give you is to not try to keep up with the people in the video. We are all at different levels of fitness. The first week is killer but it does get better. Use a good cross trainer shoe. I made the mistake of using my running shoes and messed them up because they didn't have the extra support on the sides of the shoe, because there are a lot of side to side motions, like the Heisman. Also, take breaks when you need to. Pause the video and march in place or walk around if you are too out of breathe. I use to be able to get through the warm up fine before my pregnancy but now I have to pause once in a while.
  • smittygirl
    smittygirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would calculate your max heart rate and different percentages. I would recommend using a heart rate monitor so you know your not overdoing it at 100%. Or just take your heart rate during the 30 second rest periods. Like the others said, you don't need to keep up with the people and my heart rate was way up there going at my own pace. Although after the first month it took more to get my heart rate to get up there.
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I started this week, today was day 4. I did some Jillian Michaels shredding before starting, and I have to say that it really helped. It's intense, but I really like it, and I've been pleasantly surprised at what I've been able to do, since I'm definitely not a hard body at this point. I do go at my own pace, break when I need to, but push through to the end. Make sure you drink water. I'm definitely going to try and take it to the end, I want the tshirts, but six days a week is going to be tough! Good luck and anyone can add me if you'd like support!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Oh and by the way, the calf pain is real. I also have had some glute pain, I did some regular cardio (ARC trainer) after insanity today, and it seemed to help.