Clickable or Adjustable Dumbbells, suggestions?

Options
I am looking to start some light to medium weight lifting soon and was kind of hoping for anyone's suggestions. I would really like a set of the adjustable/clickable weights because I just don't have a lot of room to keep an entire set of dummbells in my little workout area.
I've seen the Bowflex SelectTech sets, the PowerBlock sets, Stamina VersaBell (in 25 lb sets and 50 lb sets) and a few others. I am looking for a set of dumbbells that are up to approximately 25 lbs ea.. I don't think I need the 50 lb sets, and the little ones (up to 12 or 12.5 lbs ea) are just too small. The key factors are ease of use as well as cost. I can't afford to go buy a $400 set of dumbbells but if there's a set that's $90 and it's really hard to use or adjust, there's no point in getting something just to be cheap. If anyone can suggest an easy to use set, please let me know. Thanks!!

Replies

• queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have the Bowflex SelectTech ones. They're heavy. I do enjoy the ease of switching weights, but gosh, if I can ever lift over 15 pounds it'll be a miracle.
  • jbum68
    jbum68 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have the Bowflex click set and they work better than I thought they would. They aren't rickety or loose. I think I paid $180 (this was a couple of years ago) but they were a floor model at the fitness store where I was getting other equipment. Each goes from 5-52.5lbs. They did throw in the special "official Bowflex" weight stand which is convenient, but I felt like it's one of those "how they get ya' costs. They're easy to use and feel stable. For exercises I use this link:

http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Save for later.