something similar to shakeology.....

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
I hear so many wonderful things about shakeology but it's rather expensive, so i am looking for something similar but afforadable. any suggestions... ( i also live in canada, so don't have everything available to me as ones in the states)....

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Food. Seriously.
    If you are looking for more protein, just get regular whey isolate powder and make your own shakes.
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What is shakeology??
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Food would be the answer. Available everywhere here in Canada at very reasonable prices.
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    Vitacost Walker's Diet have several different flavors of meal replacement shakes, that mix well and quite tasty. Low carb, packed with protein and vitamins.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Food. Shakeology and it's cousins "work" because it creates a calorie deficit. You are simply consuming fewer calories. You can achieve the same thing in a much more satisfying manner by eating food that would equal that same calorie total.
  • lin7604
    Options
    OMG i know food is the best answer but i am looking at a shake for a little while that is very nutritious and i can maybe use as a meal replacement as i need to break my eating craze... I was doing very well with my weight loss and eating healthy but i have hit a plateau for months now and even though i am close to my goal, i want to hit it eventually. I have gone though a phase lately " i assume it's b/c i can't lose any more weight or inches" and have been bummed and hit a low. MY eating habits have sunk and i have started making not the best choices, so i was looking for a way to get myself back into the swing of things by doing something different... i have never done shakes or meal replacements and wanted to give it a try.
  • mrsvalgal
    mrsvalgal Posts: 39
    Options
    I have heard that GNC carries a shake similar to shakeology but I don't know what it is called and it has been a few years since I heard that too. Good luck getting an answer you are seeking :)
  • ttmspeace
    ttmspeace Posts: 240
    Options
    Look into Vi-Shape nutritional shake mix! Hope this helps:)( Visalus sciences)
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    OMG i know food is the best answer but i am looking at a shake for a little while that is very nutritious and i can maybe use as a meal replacement as i need to break my eating craze... I was doing very well with my weight loss and eating healthy but i have hit a plateau for months now and even though i am close to my goal, i want to hit it eventually. I have gone though a phase lately " i assume it's b/c i can't lose any more weight or inches" and have been bummed and hit a low. MY eating habits have sunk and i have started making not the best choices, so i was looking for a way to get myself back into the swing of things by doing something different... i have never done shakes or meal replacements and wanted to give it a try.

instead of looking for a meal replacement gimmick to fix your stall, have you verified your goal settings to make sure you can't fix it easily by adjusting them?

check out the threads in the Eat, Train, Progress group (especially the sticky threads at the top) or fill out their questionnaire and let them see if they can determine why you have stalled.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i looked into it and didnt get it so i recommend doing what i did and making your own smithies freeze just about any fruit over night and throw in a blender or food processor if u dont have one then after you essentially pure the frozen stuff add your liquid i usually ad oj or yogurt oh and i recommend adding bananas because most of the time u cant taste them and they help as filler and to make it a creamier consistency and if you wanted you could add protein powder if u want but i never have

by all time fave is a cut and pealed banana about a cup of pineapple chunks and for your liquid add about a half cup of coconut milk its sooo good
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Any protein shake out there
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    as someone who is affiliated with Shakeology, obviously I'm biased and do believe that of the shakes available on the market, shakeology is the superior product... I wouldn't stand behind it otherwise.

THAT SAID, there are cheaper options that have the same nutrient profiles but don't taste as good (NOW Tru Food Vegan - yeah it's vegan but ingredients wise it matches up almost identically, but has a tad less protein) OR they taste great and don't quite measure up nutritionally speaking (Vega One)

So if you want the taste and the nutrient profile go for Shakeology, but if you're willing to compromise in one of those areas, the shakes I listed above are good options.

If you REALLY wanna save money, just make them yourself with fruit/veggies/protein powder in a blender.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have the energy for another one of these today.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    any decent protein shake + a multivitamin
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    http://www.mealreplacementshakereviews.com/

Go there. Decide for yourself.
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have the energy for another one of these today.

Heh.
  • lin7604
    Options
    thx to those that gave suggestions, i really appreciate it...
  • Triksy90
    Triksy90 Posts: 2
    Options
    What protein shake did u use, at the end?
    Or what did you do?
    IM ON shakeology and it tastes good but looking to find something cheaper, so i can stop g etting charge for the membership!
  • lin7604
    Options
    oh geeze sorry i never responded to you... i haven't been on the forums in a very long time.

if you still are interested i went to promisal protein powder from gnc when i need extra protein but i use vega one daily now.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have tried both GNC Lean Shake 25 and IdealShape. I used to mix with skim milk but switched to unsweetened vanilla almond milk to save protein (I was getting way too much, 100+g/day). I'm currently using the IdealShape, which is the highest ranked on the meal replacement review website. I tried the strawberry and hated it, but the chocolate is fine. I'm just getting to the point that I'm sick of it. I have one in the afternoon after my students leave to carry me over to dinner. By the bottom of the LeanShake container, I felt the same about the flavor, just sick of it.