My inner thighs suddenly started touching.

Options
So my thighs haven't touched each other in a year, but after about a moth of strength and cardio, they suddenly touch. I've lost weight, so it's not fat.

Is it time for me to stop strength training on my legs? I really don't want big thighs, and it seems they are getting bigger. Not what I'm aiming for at all.

Replies

• morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That depends on whether you want to live up to the media ideal of what's sexy, and that many* men don't agree with anyway (remember, in 2010, the men's magazine Esquire chose Christina Hendricks, whose thighs most definitely touch as the best looking American woman) or whether you want to be a strong, healthy, confident, and therefore sexy, you. Of course, my image of what constitutes a sexy woman was drastically shaped by a fascination with ballet, and very few of the most famous ballerinas have thighs that don't touch. The one I can pinpoint has acknowledged that she has a problem with anorexia, and sadly, it has affected her dancing.

I cannot for the life of me imagine why a woman would want her goals to be negative things (not weighing more than a certain amount, or not being over a certain size) rather than positive things (living longer, and better, and able to do more) but intellectually, I know some women do. I'm certain they can understand me no better than I can understand them, I'm sure.

*And some men DO like the waif-like look -- tastes differ!

Just think about what you want, and why you want it. If, when you have thought it over, you decide that you're more comfortable being more slender, then yes, you'll probably want to lay off some of the exercise -- and though you'll also be giving up a certain amount of fitness, you'll still be much healthier and more fit, than anyone obese and sedentary.

I have tried to write a balanced answer to your question, and I'm certain I've failed. Whatever I've written that sounds like I'm criticizing your choices, please chalk up to my own biases, which I acknowledge. The short version of what I'm trying to say is, be the you that you want to be, just take a few minutes to make sure it's really YOU that wants it. If/when you do, GO FOR IT.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Your thighs touch?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your thighs need relationship counseling
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Good touch or bad touch?

I've heard that there's a difference.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Show me on the doll exactly where that thigh touched you.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Your thighs should sing this to each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IATz8ZVTALo
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    lol what gives about the inner thighs touching" mine do.......... i do not give a ****'
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Maybe your thighs need help?

oh no.... no more thigh gap! god help us!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I don't care about a gap. I want my legs to look like i could crush walnuts between my thighs.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    my thighs have never not touched in my entire life. all 24 years of it. embrace it, and welcome to the "most women on earth" group
  • mscroutons
    Options
    lol what gives about the inner thighs touching" mine do.......... i do not give a ****'

Word, same here.
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna not be rude like a lot of the other posts and say that mine have done the same thing. I started biking a lot more the past week or two and have kept running, and although my weight has gone up a pound or two, my thighs are considerably bigger. Don't know what to do about it, since cardio using my legs is the only way I get cardio in.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I don't care about a gap. I want my legs to look like i could crush walnuts between my thighs.

I don't know why but this totally cracked me up :) No pun intended. Hahhahahahaha.
  • sum1serin
    sum1serin Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I don't know why but this totally cracked me up :) No pun intended. Hahhahahahaha.

It really made me laugh as well.

To be honest, I think it's hard to be a bit serious about this because the title of the post seems so dramatized. Okay- so your thighs touch- most women have the same thing happening to them. I don't recall a time when mine didn't touch. If you feel you have reached your goal for your strength training, then great! But if not, don't let the fact that your thighs are now finally talking to eachother make you stop.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Ducttape you thighs.. they wont touch anymore.

Your welcome.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    When my legs are together, my thighs touch.

When my thighs are not touching, my husband is very happy.

:smokin:
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    My thighs have never stopped touching. I think they like each other. I tell them to break it up but it does no good. They are just joined at the hip.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options

LMAO *dies*
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

As i'm sitting here reading this, I realized I have no f'ing clue if my thighs touch and quite frankly I don't care! I'm in the best shape of my life and no longer 192lbs and have a better body now than I did as a teen!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    That means you touch yourself to much.

Open your legs more.

Crisis Averted!