Back at it

Options
So, the past seven months were not terrible, but there was no weight loss either until after the first of the year. This was not a new year's resolution either. I just decided that I was through the "holiday" season and was through with excuses to not loose weight.

I started losing weight in January of 2012. My weight at the time was 384 pounds (official weight at the doctor's office. I think this was not my heaviest weight, but there was no way for me to weigh myself since none of the scales available went that high). I began by walking 10 minutes a day and eating a low fat diet (I never knew what Kalel was before this!) and the weight began to come off. As I progressed through exercise and eating habits, I was able to get my weight down to 311 lbs by mid July. At that time, my job changed and I had my hands full with maintaining my diet and exercise regiment. This lasted until January of 2013 when I weighed 324 lbs. So, I did actually gain 13 pounds in nearly 7 months.

So, I decided that I would do four things each day. 1. Eat clean (or as close as was reasonable); 2. drink 8 servings of water; 3. Exercise each day (cardio five times a week, weight training 2 times a week. As for the working out, I find myslef googling motivation to work out, and after reading some of the inspiring statements, I have enough go get 'em back in me to put my tennis shoes on and get started); 4. get 8 hours of sleep each night (in other words, go to bed earlier than I used to).

Since making those changes, I have begun to lose weight again. I broke the 300 lb. barrier earlier this week and now weigh 298 lbs. That makes 26 lbs. lost since the beginning of January. I'll take that after seven months of dorminancy.

So far I have lost 86 pounds in 14 months. I have another 80 pounds to go for a total of 166 lbs. lost and I now know that I will get there. :smile:

Replies

• deluda
    deluda Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You are an inspiration! Good luck on your weight loss journey. I know you'll have great success.