What do I do with couscous?

Options
2»

Replies

• badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like to put a serving of couscous in a bowl and top with lentils, sautéed kale, spicy tomato sauce and colby cheese then pop in the microwave for a minute or two to melt the cheese. I also eat quinoa and polenta this way.
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions! Thanks everyone :)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    On a whim, I bought a box of toasted pine nut couscous last week. To my knowledge, I have never eaten couscous, but in my journey to fitness, I have been broadening my culinary horizons. I cooked the couscous today for lunch, eat it as a "filler" with my salad and baked chicken breast. That stuff is good. I have a feeling couscous will be a regular part of my diet now.

The things you learn when you get a little bit open-minded and willing.....
  • tamaralaine1970
    Options
    Try this also make it standard add to it onion and mushroom and cilantro and or spinach, after all mixed, take a boneless, skinless chicken breast, take a knife and slide the tip in to the breast from the top towards the bottom stopping half way this forms a pocket use spoon a small one and stuff the mixture into the chicken breast and then season the breast outside with lemon, garlic , pepper, and salt or personal favorites, then bake in oven that has been preheated to 350-375 and cook until done, eat with a salad and makes nice meal