Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you ever "not believe" the scale when you look at it?

Since I've increased my calories, it seems like every time I step on the scale, it's a pound less than the last time I got on it. Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT complaining, at all! But after almost a year of working my butt off and denying myself, and going hungry, living on air it seemed.... the scale is going down.

It's one of those things that I can't really bring myself to believe. Like I'm going to wake up and *poof* the scale will be back at 180. I even mentally/emotionally prepare myself for the scale to be back where it was 2-3 weeks ago. I even guess my weight before I step on it, "175" and then,... nope, less... So, like the good pessimist that I am, I step back on just to double check. :laugh:

Am I the only one?

Replies

• Holy cow no you aren't the only one...lol..I will recheck it about 3 times before I finally say okay it's correct...lol
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Yes. I get on it about 5 times a morning before I'm statisfied it's not lying to me lol. Iv even walked around the house a little before my morning coffee and gone back and weighed. I guess that's a little OTT, but I have hypothyroidism so I'm only used to the scales getting higher, rather than lower lol. It feels bloody good though lol
  • Sorry this isn't really a reply but can you help me? I am new and computer illiterate - how in the world do I post a question? I have several!
  • Oh and yes - I get on and off the scale several times - sometimes looking for the "sweet" spot!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Sorry this isn't really a reply but can you help me? I am new and computer illiterate - how in the world do I post a question? I have several!

Click on "General Diet and Weight loss Help" at the top. Click the green button that says "New Topic"
  • pinalety
    pinalety Posts: 37 Member
    This morning this happened to me....I got on the scale and expected a 176 and looked at 175...got on and off about three times...and thought. Gee, what if I had been 100% on my effort? I was about 85% I thought in my effort to make better choices....and I lost 2 lbs in the week! I logged 176 and will see if it's still there tomorrow and log the 175. It's odd, it does appear to be some form of denial. But we have to shake it...and know that watching intake of calories works! It's a new found awareness for me.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    haha! I Thought I was the only one. When my scale was "stuck" at 180, I weighed my grandkids to see if they were going to weigh 180 too! I upped my exercise and now its going down. But I do predict what it will be before I get on & if its not what I wanted I get off & get back on "just to make sure" lol :indifferent:
  • Thank you!
  • lrbassmom
    lrbassmom Posts: 123
    I fully expect the scale to be back up tomorrow.

We went to a chinese buffet for lunch. But I was starving! I woke up hungry, had a cup of greek yogurt, went to church and listened to my stomach growling instead of the preacher. I knew our usual Arby's sandwich wasn't going to cut it, (although it would've been the healthier choice). I suggested going to the All-you-can-eat buffet. I made smart choices though. Nothing deep fried. I had the green beans, garlic shrimp, pepper steak, soup, fruit, tiny bit of rice, beef and broccoli, etc. I figured at least 1000 calories. Probably more.

And I'm still hungry.