Anyone not count veggie calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I try to log everything. The chopped banana on my porridge in the mornings has a 100 cals. I'd log that in bread or chocolate so why not the banana. A 100 cals is a 100 cals. :)
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    According to the database a head has about 200 calories. I can easily eat 2 heads in a day. AS a pescatarian most of my food is veggies. If I didn't count them I'd be grossly under.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I don't bother with lettuce or celery and the like. But I could see why someone would. I get a fair amt of produce in this old bod of mine "most" days, but if I wanted to count how many servings of fruit/vegetables I was getting, I would count it. I used to do that early on.

Someone asked about why someone counts coffee, etc. I track coffee because I want to see how much I'm drinking of it vs. water. I track vitamins because it helps me to remember to take them. I track 0 calorie soda so I know how many of them I'm drinking. You get the idea. It's not just calories that I'm looking at.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I log everything but I don't limit them if its going to put me over my daily calorie count. For example, if I'm at my daily limit and still want a snack of baby carrots and guacamole, I'm going to have my carrots and guacamole even though I'm over, but I'm not going to do that for a piece of chocolate.
  • apexgtp
    apexgtp Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If I eat subway, I use the calculator from their website which does not seem to count calories from veggies. It does recognize the addition by adding more grams to the weight of the sandwich but it does not add calories.
  • ilovelucy727
    Options
    I don't count the calories for plain veggies that I eat (I do count anything I eat with the veggies- dressing, etc.). I'm not a huge fan of most veggies, and I would generally rather have other foods. When I count them I eat less of them. So I lowered my daily calorie goal a bit, and just eat them without logging them. I'm still consistently losing weight, so it works for me, and I get more healthy veggies than I would if I was counting veggie calories.
  • honeylissabee
    honeylissabee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I don't count the calories for plain veggies that I eat (I do count anything I eat with the veggies- dressing, etc.). I'm not a huge fan of most veggies, and I would generally rather have other foods. When I count them I eat less of them. So I lowered my daily calorie goal a bit, and just eat them without logging them. I'm still consistently losing weight, so it works for me, and I get more healthy veggies than I would if I was counting veggie calories.

I would definitely count the calories for dressings and such, and I plan on lowering my calorie intake to 1,200 calories per day. 1,200 calories not including most non-startchy veggies.