TDEE high. advise needed!

Options
I have purchased a KI FIT and have been wearing it for 3 days. My calorie burn for each 24 hour period is recorded at around 3400. I have not exercised during this period but have been busy running around after 2 young children and working 10 hour shifts. I contacted KI FIT and one of there experts looked at my account, they stated it is normal and pretty accurate.

Has anyone else experienced a calorie burn this high? I have been following a 1200 calorie diet and the weight isnt shifting. They said my calorie deficit is over 2000 a day and thats why im not losing as my deficit is too big. Any thoughts?? Im scared to increas my intake by too much.

X

Replies

• rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

1,200 isn't nearly enough for most people to sustain themselves, especially someone who is burning 3,400 in a 24 hour period. I use a fit bit, and try to burn at least 2,200 a day. I'm eating 1,850 and above. I'm losing weight every week.

There really is no reason why you shouldn't be eating more, or even be scared to eat more. You don't have to make a huge leap, try gradually adding more and more calories for a week, and changing it up. Maybe bump up to 1,500, and see how that's treating you, then keep going from there until you find a number you are comfortable with, and one that's doing your body more justice.
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    Add an avocado. To. Every. Meal. Problem solved.

Seriously though, why not give it a try. It is likely the scale will go up at first, maybe even the first couple of weeks, so be ready for that and remember that eating more food (potentially twice as much as you currently are) means there is more... well.. more food in your body and food itself has weight. Really though, why starve yourself if you're not even losing weight?