Calling all women who lift heavy ......

Options
kopmom
kopmom Posts: 491 Member
Just curious....

What program do you follow?

What is your usual preferred meals/macos/eating plan?

Any progress pictures to share?

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Keep this near the top. I know quite a few ladies on here who lift heavy but I doubt they are on right now. It is Saturday night, after all :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Here's one of my favorites here at MFP - check out her thread, lots of info & pics: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752778-how-wrong-i-was-600-days-of-mfp-lotsa-pics
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    In my second month of Stronglifts 5x5:

Starting Weights - Current Weights
    Squat: 45 lbs - 115 lbs
    Bench Press: 40 lbs - 65 lbs
    Pendlay Rows: 40 lbs - 70 lbs
    Overhead Press: 40 lbs - 58 lbs
    Deadlift: 90 lbs - 155 lbs

No special eating, just do my best to hit my protein macro (always over 100g/day) and fill in the rest with fresh, whole foods over packaged where I can. Still splurge occasionally and eat ice cream and chocolate.

No progress pics but after stalling for MONTHS with my weight loss the scale started moving again and I'm wearing a smaller size already so I'm pleased with my progress so far.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Keep this near the top. I know quite a few ladies on here who lift heavy but I doubt they are on right now. It is Saturday night, after all :)
    All watching the Arnold Classic!
  • Tlove1111
    Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm following Jamie Eason's LiveFit program, but not to a tee. I switch out some of the circuits to better suit my needs. But it's a good foundation to work with ????
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I was doing SL until squatting heavy 3 days per week was just too much for me. So...now I am following Nia Shanks (S)Hero workout.

My diet plan is basically a very small deficit....I think I'm around a 10-12% deficit right now. And as far as macros....I have a goal of a minimum of 100g or protein (most days I go over) and I mostly let the rest fall where they lie.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    You will find that a lot of women are now following the Stronglifts 5x5 program.

http://stronglifts.com/

A decent "general" macro spread is 40% carb, 30% protein, and 30% fat when losing weight.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Most women I see lifting are following the same basic program as most men:

Squats
    Deads
    Bench
    Press
    Row/chins

Stronglifts and Starting Strength are the most common basic beginner programs. There's not really a whole lot of variation possible with these beginner ones though.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    My results:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/903628-one-year-of-barbells-and-ice-cream-my-story-so-far-pics

Macros: 1g protein lb/LBM and 0.35g fat lb/BW..the rest wherever,

The only meal plan I have is ice-cream in bed, other than that I eat a variety of foods and hit my calories and macros.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    My program is customised but it's pretty similar to Stronglifts with some isolation exercises thrown in for kicks. Currently bulking but ill post some pictures anyway
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My weight lifting consists of Russian Kettlebells (DragonDoor/StrongFirst), some body weight exercises, and cardio of martial arts.
    I aim for 125g of protein a day, but am thrilled if I go over.

The "before" pic is 25 lbs. down from my highest weight.

beforeafteroct2012.jpg
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My weight lifting consists of Russian Kettlebells (DragonDoor/StrongFirst), some body weight exercises, and cardio of martial arts.

beforeafteroct2012.jpg

Truly impressive. Great job!
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I've been doing stronglifts since last March, with a 3 month break.

I eat whatever I want, as long as it's gluten free.

I have lots of pics in my profile.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Customized program that consists unassisted pull-ups, lifting with free weights on my exercise ball, as well as presses, pull-downs and push-downs with a machine.

Three times a week. Mon: back and biceps. Wed: chest and shoulders. Fri: triceps.

Advanced planks on the exercise ball on Tue, Thu and Sat.

Macros: 40% Carb | 25% Fat | 35% Protein.

Only must-have food every night is chocolate and every Sun morning is thick-cut bacon.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

beforeafteroct2012.jpg

Truly impressive. Great job!

Looking Amazing!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I design my own workouts, which change regularly, because I get bored doing the same exercises all the time. I make sure I work all the major muscle groups in a 2 way split though. And some, like squats and deadlifts, are always in there somewhere.
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i lift 15 lbs, which is heavy for a petite girl like myself. i just do arms and legs because i hate stomach workouts but i think when you lift your whole body works so it gave me really awesome abs :)
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    I am still near the beginning of my journey. I did Slim in 6 which didn't have any lifting and am now doing ChaLEAN Extreme. Two weeks done and I can already see a difference. She teaches lift heavy for 10-12 reps. Loving it! I try to get 120 G protein (1 G for each pound of lean mass) and then 30 protein, 40 carb, 30 fat. This weeks average was 33 protein, 39 carbs, 28 fat.