Ladies...time of the month...feeling discouraged...

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    In my own experience, since being consistent with logging, eating better and exercising for the past few years (consistent for about a year and half), my cravings have lessened, and pushing through a workout eases the cramps. I completely ignore the scale, because it's a given that I will go up several pounds during that week - no stress, because it comes back off the following week, and I know it will happen again next month.... :tongue:

I used to crave salty carbs - now I don't even really notice cravings. Keep healthy snacks on hand - raw almonds and a piece of dark chocolate are good together and are supposed to help curb some craving for something else, can't remember what it is. Convenient foods like baby carrots, sliced red bell peppers (or orange or yellow), sugar snap peas and a tub of hummus - easy to grab, crunchy and tasty, and very snacky. Still craving chocolate? Grab some plain Greek yogurt and stir in a spoonful of Nutella. Top it with some fresh strawberries. So, so good.

But the best part is, this too shall pass. Unfortunately it will be back again next month, but at least all the crapola that comes with it is temporary. Hang in there.
  • AngieD2203
    AngieD2203 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    ......the best part is, this too shall pass. Unfortunately it will be back again next month, but at least all the crapola that comes with it is temporary. Hang in there.

Like your thinking.....fitness gear on.....BRING IT ON!!!!