Crystal Light

Options
I don't have any problems drinking 8 glasses of water, but I'm trying to see if I can use crystal light as a replacement for juice (too many calories and I don't drink pop.) I've heard of people getting "water poisoning" and I don't want to be one of those people.

Is drinking water with crystal light in it like drinking regular water or is more like juice, but with less calories?

Thanks!

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I don't have any problems drinking 8 glasses of water, but I'm trying to see if I can use crystal light as a replacement for juice (too many calories and I don't drink pop.) I've heard of people getting "water poisoning" and I don't want to be one of those people.

Is drinking water with crystal light in it like drinking regular water or is more like juice, but with less calories?

Thanks!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    It's closer to water, just be careful it does have calories and it has sweetener, too much sweetener in the body can cause flatulance and headaches, never mind down the road what it may do to the body, use in moderation.
  • drinkfreshwater
    Options
    I'm fairly certain that "water poising" happens when you drink too much water and it causes a lack of potassium and sodium. Considering most people get way too much sodium in their diets I don't think it's much of a risk for you.
    But that being said, it's nice to enjoy a crystal light drink every so often! :smile:
  • samrcampbell
    Options
    Hi, I drink Crystal light as a substitute for pop and juice. It's way better for you then either of the other two but it's not like drinking water. You'll still get part of your water from it but your body has to filter out all the other ingrediants so it'll take longer for you not to feel thirsty! ANyways I hope that sorta answers your question!! -Sami
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    hello! k, i use the crystal light on the go to help me drink my 8 glasses a day. you said you don't have a problem with drinking 8 glasses of water a day, but i do really struggle. i bet that before mfp, i didn't drink 8 oz of water in one day! so i really bucked down and started drinking water but i get burnt out on it and sometimes use the crystal light to make sure that i can get my water in for the day. i think as long as you log it, it's fine. and i would say it's definately a better choice when you can pick crystal light over pop and it's even better if you can get your water in too! as far as water poisioning, that deals with drinking too much water, so it wouldn't really be affected with crystal light. hope that makes sense. i know my theory doesn't work for everyone, but hey, if it gets me to drink more than 8 oz, it works for me! :tongue:

:flowerforyou:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I love the sugar free chrystal light the walmart and kroger brands too. If I have a high calorie meal, I still drink it. It is liquid and you release it faster then food as well. I take it to restaurants nad ask for ice water instead. No one says anything. Why would they??

The White Tea Blueberry is my fav........

I limit my self on diet drinks, sometimes they run me down.......
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My doctor said that I could count it as water but I find that when I am at the gym, it makes me totally ill--it is just too sweet to work as my workout thirst buster. So that being said, I drink less of it than I used to. All doctors have different opinions and none of them are God so just b/c mine said it counted as H2O does not mean that it does. My doctor is strictly a women's doctor. She used to be an OB/GYN but now has her own practice that is strictly for woman's health. She no longer delivers babies but covers everything else that concerns women and their health. She is also a triathlete, very health oriented and lives a very healthy lifestyle. If she were a 350 pound person I might be less likely to take her advice. So all that being said, I count my walmart version of crystal light as water, but I also have plain water or lemon water as well during the day. Blah, blah, I am done now!!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Another thing I have noticed is that the Crystal Light has 5 calories/8 oz. but the Walmart brand has 0 calories... not really sure what the difference is... but since the Walmart brand is way cheaper and in my opinion tastes just the same... I say go for that! I am horrible at drinking my water, but I have been making a great big 64 oz jug of the lemonade flavor and forcing myself to drink that before I am allowed any pop.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Another thing I have noticed is that the Crystal Light has 5 calories/8 oz. but the Walmart brand has 0 calories... not really sure what the difference is... but since the Walmart brand is way cheaper and in my opinion tastes just the same... I say go for that! I am horrible at drinking my water, but I have been making a great big 64 oz jug of the lemonade flavor and forcing myself to drink that before I am allowed any pop.

I buy the WM brand b/c it is cheaper and I like it just fine. I started drinking it b/c I had such a hard time getting my water down. If H20 is hard for you to swallow then crystal light is certainly better than diet coke!