Girl Scout Cookies are Evil

Options

Replies

• wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Only the ones that are made with real Girl Scouts.
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Evil, wicked, mean and nasty if you ask me. My daughters, nieces, friends and co-workers have bilked me out of hundreds of dollars over the years. I'm having a problem with how expensive they've gotten the last few years. I know, I know... a worthy cause, it's for the kids, etc. and etc. I sure do miss the shortbread ones though. :-)
  • BygSexyToy
    Options
    You sure do know what to say!!! LMBO!!
  • khara2012
    khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    They're so evil that I would eat them in a box and I would eat them with a fox. I would eat them in a house...I would eat them with a mouse. I would eat them here or there...I would eat them anywhere. Especially the caramel and chocolate, coconut cookies. :devil:
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    They're so evil that I would eat them in a box and I would eat them with a fox. I would eat them in a house...I would eat them with a mouse. I would eat them here or there...I would eat them anywhere. Especially the caramel and chocolate, coconut cookies. :devil:
    :laugh:
    Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss-Today!!!!-
    Yes I was a Girl Scout & A leader-& both my girls were too!!!-I too have had hundreds in my garage in the past-Just give the troop the $$$$-they only get .50 a box!!!:grumble:
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a girl scout. Instead of buying them for the house we donate to troops and the local homeless shelters. It saves us the calories and feels good to do something nice and help my DDs troop.

This is definitely the way to go. My daughter is selling them as well. To support her, we bought several boxes and donated them. Those and other donated boxes are going to the Oregon Air National Guard troops overseas. It's a great way to support both kinds of troops, and you don't have to have boxes at home tempting you!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Don't hate the cookie, hate the cook!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky in that Do-Si-Dos are the favorite of both my dad & myself so I had one serving (with ice cold milk of course!) and gave the rest of the box to him.

I feel good because I got a taste that fit into my day and showed a great willpower win by then giving the rest away! Call it a NSV if you will, lol!

I was a Daisy/Brownie/Junior Girl Scout as a kid (I still have my Brownie sash full of badges) so I'm happy to support them. My dad still tells stories of the boxes and boxes of cookies that filled his office for months when my mom volunteered to be Cookie Mother one year, lol!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,159 Member
    Options
    Somehow I"ve managed to actually stick with the "serving size" of Thin Mints, four at a time. I'm actually finding it enough.

It's weird. Maybe I'm sick. Or dying. :drinker:
  • ShawnNhGa1977
    ShawnNhGa1977 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Somehow I"ve managed to actually stick with the "serving size" of Thin Mints, four at a time. I'm actually finding it enough.

It's weird. Maybe I'm sick. Or dying. :drinker:

I did the same thing today I had 4 thin mints
  • Luv2CruzDeb
    Luv2CruzDeb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Carmel delights are my weakness, I try to eat just one....Just can't do it. Oh well it's just once a year :oP
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Yesterday when I walked out of Wal-Mart (the Girl Scouts camp out in front of Sam's Club and Wal-Mart every weekend in January and February), the little Brownie said, "It's the last weekend to buy cookies". I got out to my car and said to hubby, "Yes! Thank God! It's the last week for Girl Scout Cookies!!"
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    DO NOT BUY THEM. I havent bought them in years. just dont do it. if they were in my house i would eat them all.

My wife is the "cookie mom" for my daughter's troop this year - I have 2 pallets of them in my garage that I have to sneak past to get to my bench and treadmill. :)
    oh wow, thats dangerous! my "wife" would come home one day to me passed out in the garage with 50 empty boxes of cookies surrounding me! You are a better person than I!!!!!!!
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    btw, after seeing this post I decided to find paleo versions of the girl scott cookie recipes. I pined them and cannot wait to try them when I am done with whole 30 (20 more days!) ;D
  • seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I bought myself one box and I have been great so far, limiting myself to one or two cookies on days they fit in my calories. I used to eat half a box in one sitting!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    I always buy them...one box of Samoans, and eat the whole box in less than 24 hours. I know it going in, and it's over.

On another note. one of the Moms at the Safeway Girl Scout cookie stand had a little credit card swipey thingy attached to her smart phone so they could take credit cards at the cookie stand via some type of app.

What could possibly go wrong? :noway:
  • Bubsys_mom
    Bubsys_mom Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The best way to avoid them is to hold up a crucifix and hiss at the girl scouts on your way in and out of the grocery store.

I giggled out loud reading that. xD
  • 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    My kid is a GS and she sold a TON of cookies this year. Needless to say, we got stuck with a few boxes because we can't find the people that ordered them (and sadly, I think one person who ordered is losing their house). Plus my husband bought from others at work -- it's ok, they bought from us. lol We have LOTS of boxes around the house.

So far, I have been good with the cookies in the house. If I have had 10 cookies in the last 14 days, that would have been a lot. However, I did manage to eat a whole brownie thingie tonight at dinner. It's my anniversary, so it's ok. What's not ok is that I ate a whole bag of goldfish crackers when i got home. I figure if i'm going go over in calories, I might as well do it right!

maybe next time I should stick with just a few cookies...
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just bought a box of Tagalongs from a little girl at the school I teach at. I hope I eat it very slowly lol.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I havent had them in foreverrrr... But there are like 6 boxes in my home now! Also, ive seen this thin mint protein shake recipie.... and it sounds sooo gooood.