Over 1000 calories left and it's DINNER TIME O.O

Options
So it is dinner time around where I am and according to my diary, I have over 1000 calories left to consume for the day. How am I going to get all these calories in? I am stuck at work too for the next 12 hours and all I have with me is a tuna sandwich on wheat and one of those vitatops...

Replies

• workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Order a thin crust pizza delivery!
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Order a thin crust pizza delivery!

Yep! Hospital workers are not shy about ordering out! ESPECIALLY overnight!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Or order some Indian food! That's what I spent on my 1000+ calories left for dinner today and it was SOGOOD.
  • xxtaliaxx
    xxtaliaxx Posts: 123
    Options
    Never had Indian food before. I wouldn't know what to order lol

Thin crust pizza sounds pretty good. What should I get on it? I need a decent amount of protein and veggies sound good but I want to try something kind of different :)
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    Order something healthy. Just because you have 1000 calories left doesnt mean you need to burn it on some pizza. You don't need to consume all 1000 of those calories either. I'm sorry if I seem harsh, but I want you to achieve your goals, and pizza ain't gonna help that.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Order something healthy. Just because you have 1000 calories left doesnt mean you need to burn it on some pizza. You don't need to consume all 1000 of those calories either. I'm sorry if I seem harsh, but I want you to achieve your goals, and pizza ain't gonna help that.

nope, you're wrong,
  • xxtaliaxx
    xxtaliaxx Posts: 123
    Options
    Pizza place was closed anyway. I screwed it up though. I ate what was around here (which is usually junk food) and just found out that I went significantly over my sodium intake today. YIKES!!
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I feel SO bad for you. :laugh:
  • babyangelica2010
    babyangelica2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I was under my goal by about 500 yesterday. You don't need to force yourself to eat (especially unhealthy food!) just because you have extra calories. If you're not hungry, your body is telling you that you have had enough.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with pizza? It hasn't stopped me achieving my goals.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I was under my goal by about 500 yesterday. You don't need to force yourself to eat (especially unhealthy food!) just because you have extra calories. If you're not hungry, your body is telling you that you have had enough.
    That's not how hunger works. There are numerous threads on these boards daily by people who have been under-eating and struggle to meet their calorie goals because they do not feel hungry. At the other end of the scale there are plenty of people who still feel ravenous despite eating far more than their body needs. Being under your goal by 500 for one day is not a big deal, but doing that consistently will likely have a detrimental effect on your body.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    When I want pizza, I have been getting the Donatos no dough pizza. It's quite tasty and way less calories. I usually get that and a side salad with lite Italian dressing and what I get is usually right around 500 calories. Lots of protein as well.
  • babyangelica2010
    babyangelica2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That's not how hunger works. There are numerous threads on these boards daily by people who have been under-eating and struggle to meet their calorie goals because they do not feel hungry. At the other end of the scale there are plenty of people who still feel ravenous despite eating far more than their body needs. Being under your goal by 500 for one day is not a big deal, but doing that consistently will likely have a detrimental effect on your body.

I wasn't referring to people who over/under eat. I'm talking about people with healthy calorie goals. If you have a lot of calories left over and you're not hungry, then no, you don't need to eat.