Replies

• shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Way to go:)
  • mom2tbk
    mom2tbk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing! Congratulations! I am training for my first ever 5k right now. Just curious, how in shape were you starting out? I am so out of shape and I am hoping to run my first in two months like you just did!

Really though, what an accomplishment. You should be so proud of yourself!

I was a couch potato before (and 60 pounds overweight!!)... I followed the C25K (couch to 5k) program. It's a great running/walking combo until you get to the 5k mark. I also like some of their 6-8 week schedules to do some power running... like one week was run 5 min, walk 3, run for 8, walk 3, run 5... in the 5 minute intervals I would ramp up my speed so I could recover in the 3 min walk and then run my normal pace for the 8. And thank you... I do feel great!!

That is so encouraging to hear because I am following the C25K program too!!! I am about to start my second week and you have just given me so much motivation, so thank you!

I can't wait to feel as great as you do!

You know, completing the 5k was great but I have to say, the fact that I have given someone else the motivation feels 10 TIMES BETTER!! I get so much motivation myself reading these posts... I'm glad I could in turn be a motivator!!! Best of luck to you!! You CAN do it!!!!
  • mom2tbk
    Options
    Well done! I know how amazing it feels. Trust me, it gets better.

I ran my first 5K over hills just 6 months ago, in a reasonable time of 34 mins. I had been a little overweight but quite unhealthy. Drinking, smoking and eating lots of unhealthy food.

Since then, I've run more and more, getting faster and faster.

Yesterday I ran just shy of 14 Km; 80 mins! Suffering today but WOW it felt so good!

WOW!!! Great job!! That is seriously AMAZING!! I hope to do the same too!!!!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Now for the bridge to 10k:drinker:
  • committowalk
    committowalk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I am in week 6 of my 5k training program - but I have given myself until the end of April or May to be ready. I love seeing other people accomplish this goal because it reminds me I can do it, too. :)
  • chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    First of all, I'm so jealous!! What an amazing accomplishment!!! I've attempted to begin C25K for like two years but haven't followed thru (once because of injury). I've actually participated by walking in a couple of 5Ks but I really want to RUN.

Question for you, did you train the 3 days/week or did you do more?
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! It's the best feeling in the world to accomplish something you once thought you could never do! I literally cried the first time I finished running 5k without stopping because I once thought I would never be able to even run a mile. I'm running my third official 5k race this weekend and it feels so good to be proud of myself and my accomplishments. I'm so happy for you and yours! This inspires me to keep pushing and keep breaking those walls of "impossible" tasks! Here's to 10k :)
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • HappyKite
    HappyKite Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are a great motivator.
    I am on week three of the C25K, so have a way to go yet, but I WILL get there.
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a great accomplishment, and I can't wait to join you. Hopefully that will be in the next couple of weeks, as I only had about 1 min of walking on my last two attempts...

I will make sure to look at this thread before my next try on Friday!
  • mom2tbk
    Options
    First of all, I'm so jealous!! What an amazing accomplishment!!! I've attempted to begin C25K for like two years but haven't followed thru (once because of injury). I've actually participated by walking in a couple of 5Ks but I really want to RUN.

Question for you, did you train the 3 days/week or did you do more?

I trained using C25K for three days and the other three I did interval walking (2 minutes flat, 2 minutes 10% grade). Keep up the good work!!
  • mom2tbk
    Options
    Just an update... I added another KM to my run!! 6K's on Friday!!!! :drinker:
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment and many many more!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    heyyyyyyooooooooooooo!!!!!! congrats on the milestone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!