Options
WhataBroad
WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
What's your favorite and why?

Replies

• IIFerdi
    IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I Have endomundo and runtastic at the moment.
    leaning towards runtastic at this time.
    Easier to work with i think.
  • yvnursechick
    yvnursechick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have runtastic pedometer pro... i like it becouse it count my steps
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I have Runtastic and Endomondo...prefer Runtastic as I think it gives a more realistic read. Several times Endomondo has given me a higher mileage for a walk I do on a regular basis so I pretty much stick to Runtastic...also Endomondo syncing to MFP is not always reliable.
  • unfeigned
    unfeigned Posts: 30
    Options
    I prefer RunKeeper but since you cannot connect RK and MFP (not yet) I switched to Endomondo and I am satisfied with it, had no problems with syncing or whatsoever. For me RK has a friendlier interface and better capabilities.

I did download Runtastic but never actually tested it out... maybe I'll try that one this week.

Overall, I consider this to be a matter of personal choice - no matter which app you choose, stick to it and use it as motivation to push further! :happy:
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Runkeeper.
  • fizzy123
    fizzy123 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm very impressed with Runtastic,works off gps on my phone and accurate with my HRM.Also syncs to MFP .What more could I ask for ?
    Now if it could just do my run/walk while I rest !!!!!!!! :noway:
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper and runtastic. I like the pacing advice of runtastic telling me to speed up when I lag in my training. I think runkeeper is more accurate on both distance and calories.
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I was using Runtastic and kept having GPS issues so I wasn't too confident in the distance recording. I tried Endomondo this past week and it wayyyy over calculates my calorie burn, I do use a HRM, and I couldn't change it before syncing. A runner pal highly recommends Run keeper for ease of use, accuracy and built in training plans so I'm thinking of giving it a try too.
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just use endomondo, I am not able to run or job so have never even thought of using the others to track my walks. I really like it, the only problems I have had is if I am in an area with weak GPS signal, but I would assume the others will work similar in those situations.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've only tried Endomondo but haven't had any trouble with it. I do feel it overestimates my calories, though.
  • des02_
    des02_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've only used RunKeeper and havent tried the others as of yet.
  • drbible
    drbible Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have used all three. I used to love runtastic, but since the past few updates it hasn't been reliable for me at all. The app cuts itself off and stops tracking distance sometime during my run. When I restart the app it asks if I want to continue last session and when I push yes it adds time and no distance. I contacted runtastic and sent a log, but they are unable or unwilling to fix it. Unfortunate because it is a great app but won't work for me. Runkeeper and endomondo have been very reliable. I do believe they are all good atbwhat they do. I suggest trying them all and seeing which suits you better.