First sober weekend in 6 years

Options
Hi. I'm 25. I love to drink. Its a chapter in my life I want to end as I have fitness goals, hobbies, and a savings account that have been put secondary to partying a little too much on the weekends in my early 20s.
This is my first sober weekend in six years (no alcohol or cigarettes!!) and it was a little more difficult than I thought it'd be. I found a couple things out about myself: I like to get up early and read on the weekends at my favorite bookstore and drink coffee. Much easier to do with a clear head! Turns out, sober me is not hyper-social like party me is. Also, turns out I can eat quite a bit more and still lose weight readily when not drinking beer all the time. The hardest part about this will be avoiding boredom and making new friends who share the common goal of having a healthy sober lifestyle, at least for now.

I'm not into dieting. I'm into filling my life with nutrition and building muscle and strength.

I would like more friends, especially women who lift or run! I want to pick your brain.

Also, if anyone has Fitness blogs on tumblr lets swap info.

Replies

• dancef1t
    dancef1t Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good on you!
    I too have spent to much time drinking and have things to do and goals to achieve that just aren't compatible with regular alcohol.
    Special occasions, sure.. just not all the time :)

I've just joined today and it's really encouraging to see such a big group of like-minded people.
    Best of luck.. not that you'll needed if you've made the decision to go for it!
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    THank you!
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    great goals. Congrats.