Adjusting Calorie Goal

Options
I just weighed in today (and apparently I've lost 3.6lbs since last Sunday, so I'm going with 'water weight' for that) and my HRM tells me lots of different stats about my body. My BMR has gone down to 1610 from about 1640. I was wondering, do I need to re-adjust my calorie goal? I aim for 1650 net. I read somewhere that you should adjust for every 10lbs lost but I'm not sure if that's adjusting up or down?

SW: 191
CW: 178
GW1: 150 (to get in healthy BMI range)
5"7, age19.

EDIT: I do about 3 hrs of spinning a week, with a bit of weights thrown in (Not counting walking). Although I've done 5-6hrs of spinning this week

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    With your info and "light exercise" I got 2267 for your TDEE. The closer you get to your goal, the less of a deficit you should eat. So if you did 15% from your TDEE number, you get 1926. So 1700-1900 may be a good goal to eat and see how that works. You can always adjust 100-200 calories after 3 or 4 weeks?
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you :) I'm actually struggling to eat to my goal this week but I think my appetite has half-disappeared, hopefully it'll be back soon. 1900 seems like a lot right now so I might wait a few days and then up by 100 perhaps.

Thank you!